Thread: Will "Goo Gone" hurt my paint?

Registered

Post Will "Goo Gone" hurt my paint?

I am getting ready to take some stickers off my Jeep and am wondering if "Goo Gone" will hurt the paint. If so what do you recommend to take the goobers off?

Mike

------------------
    95.5 YJ 2.5L - Ready For the Trail!

Next: M.O.R.E. Sport Cage and M.O.R.E. SRS
    95.5 YJ - 2.5L

Registered

Straight from googone.com

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Can I use Goo Gone to remove tar, stickers, grease off my car?

Goo Gone is safe on your car exterior, using instructions for hard surfaces. It's safe on your upholstery and carpeting, using the instructions for carpeting. It's safe on the vinyl and glass, but may remove the tint from the tinted side of windows.
    </font>
    Brandon
    99 TJ Sport w/ black Huskyliner floor liners front AND rear.. And a digital tire guage that is WAY cooler than Linyee's.

TJ / 4.6L Stroker / 8.8 / 35's

PGH Offroad

just make sure you clean it off well when you are done, i'd wax the area as well.

Cheers,

Devin

------------------
    http://www.lickitysplit.8m.com/tj.html
    '97 TJ Sahara
    5.5" RK & RE LA, nv3550, 8.8, LSD's, 9.5ti, etc.

Registered

Just a thought, but if you could use very hot water over the sticker to loosen the glue might come off without anything else. john

------------------
    John, 2001 Sahara,Warn M8,000 winch; Cobra 75 CB; OME suspension, JKS discos, Currie MM and track bar, JKS body lift, fully armored,RE chrom/moly tie rod, Superior Super 44 rear, D30 front, OX Lockers front and rear; 4.56 gearing; 33" BFG M/T KM's hilift jack; fire extenguisher; yellow top Optima Battery, turbo city air tube and filter; QuickAire III OBA
    John, 2001 Sahara,Warn 9500 ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; OME suspension, Daystar 3/4" spacers, Currie ANTIROCK, Currie MM and track bar, JKS body lift, fully armored,RE chrom/moly tie rod, Superior Super 44 rear, Superior chrom/moly D30 front, OX Lockers front and rear; 4.56 gearing; 34" TRXUS M/T tires; hilift jack; fire extenguisher; yellow top Optima Battery, turbo city air tube and filter; QuickAire III OBA; Rubicon Express Hand Throttle; On Board Shower ; Jeeperman bumper/swingaway tire carrier/rack and gas can holders; AA SYE; Tom Woods HD C/V rear driveshaft; Nth Mobility Tummy Tucker; Nth Mobility rear upper adjustable control arms.

Registered

try heat first. It could be as easy as using as a hair drier. If not your paint should hold up fine after goo gone, but waxing afterwards is a good idea.

------------------
    94 Wrangler BBB Work in Progress
    94 Wrangler BBB Work in Progress

Registered

I removed 2 very large graphics off the side of my jeep. It's a real PITA. I used the hairdryer to get it off then used denatured alcohol to dissolve the goo. Let me tell you, that dissolved goo is nasty stuff. It's worse than any booger you've tried to get of your finger. Googone would probably work fine on something like a bumper sticker on the paint.

------------------
    Kevin Lawler &lt;&gt;&lt;
    93 YJ 2.5L, 2.5" springs, 1" BL, "Super Turd" rear axle, Super 35 w/Detroit, 4.88's, 33" TSL's
    My heep
    Central North Carolina 4x4 Club
    Leave no stone unchurned!
    <><

Registered

Use a hairdryer and then some kind of paint cleaner/wax. It will come right off.

Jackie
    Jackie Cooper
    46 Willys CJ-2A

Registered

Recently removed some stickers on jeep as well. Used a hair dryer to soften up the stickers & the adhesive backing. After a few seconds of the heat, the stickers come right off. Then i used some goo gone to remove the left over sticker residue. Didn't hurt the paint one bit.

Tim

Registered

I used goo gone to get the stickers that the dealership stuck on my Jeep. They had been on there for 2.5 years and goo gone was the trick.

My buddy also used it to take the dealer stickers off his Bike and that was on plastic and it worked just fine.

------------------
    1999 Desert Sand Jeep TJ
    http://members.shaw.ca/tuomicentral/
    1999 Desert Sand Jeep TJ
    [