Thread: roaring noise in front in

Registered

roaring noise in front in

I have a roaring noise in the front in. 1996 XJ when I am driving straight down the hwy it is there, and when I turn to the left it is there but when I turn to the right it goes away. I have no ideal and was wondering if anyone had a good answer for this one? Thx in advance
    bill drennen

can you recreate it when your in the driveway with the motor on turning left, could be anything from a u-joint to power steering, need more info good luck

------------------
    IT'S A JEEP THING AND WE DO UNDERSTAND!!
    IT'S A JEEP THING AND WE DO UNDERSTAND!!

Registered

hub bearing maybe?

------------------
    00 TJ Solar Yellow 4.0L D44, 3.73s, NV 3550 Sailcloth top
    91 XJ Soon to back up and running. Rusty's 7.5 inch lift, 6" rear springs, 1.5 inch shackles, LCAs, UCAs, NP 231 SYE, ARB Snorkel, Lockrights F&R, 4.56s, D30 Warn hubs inners and outers, D44, 36x12.50 tsl sx, tech 1 rockcrawlers
    00 TJ Solar Yellow 4.0L D44, 3.73s, NV 3550, Sailcloth top, Rustys K&N
    91 XJ 4.0L,Snorkel, Locked F&R, 4.56s, Warn hubs, alloy axles, D44, 36x12.50 tsl sx,headers, rock bumper, warn 8000i
    94 XJ 4.0L Full Exo-Cage
    Scars are tattoos with better stories!!!!

Registered

It only does it when I am driving about 45 and up. It don't do it when I am in the driveway or driving under 45. I did notice that my seal was leaking where the front drive shaft goes in. I checked the fluid and it is good I can stick my finger in there and touch the fluid when I bend my first knuckle.
    bill drennen

Registered

Long shot
    Mine roars until the clutch fan calms down. You may want to check the fan

------------------
    Deaver
    01 TJ - 98 XJ
    www.bmja.org
    Deaver

Registered

Another long shot!AC compressors tend to make noise too!but it will likly do it off and on all the time!

------------------
    91 cherokee 4.0 HO 277000 km deasesed
    93 grand cherokee 4.0 HO 220000 kms living,with a 1992 cherokee 242 T case drop in.
    91 cherokee 4.0 HO 277000 km deasesed
    93 grand cherokee 4.0 HO 220000 kms living,with a 1992 cherokee 242 T case drop in.

Registered

the fluid should be up to the bottom of the fill plug hole - not with a bent finger.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by billdrennen:
    I have a roaring noise in the front in. 1996 XJ when I am driving straight down the hwy it is there, and when I turn to the left it is there but when I turn to the right it goes away. I have no ideal and was wondering if anyone had a good answer for this one? Thx in advance</font>