Thread: Uniroyal Laredo MT vs BFG MT KM - Side by side comparison pic

Registered

Wink Uniroyal Laredo MT vs BFG MT KM - Side by side comparison pic

For those interested...
    I bought my BFG MT KM's recently, and needed a 31" spare as well. I chose to purchase a Uniroyal Laredo MT from Sam's for the spare. Since I had the two types of MT's available, I thought I'd snap a pic of the two side-by-side for those wanting to compare them. You can view the pic at my webshots page:

http://beefcake83.coloradok5.com/

- Gary

------------------
    Gary Graham
    Eielson AFB, Alaska
    '97 Amethyst ZJ Ltd.
    '90 Sterling XJ 4.0L I6
    http://community.webshots.com/user/beefcake83
    Gary Graham
    Eielson AFB, Alaska
    '90 Sterling XJ 4.0L I6
    4.5" Total Lift (Rusty's 3" Full Spring-Pack Kit, w/ 1.5" Shackles, JKS Front ACOS
    RE Adj. Upper and Lower Control Arms; OME Long-Travel Shocks and Stabilizer; Rusty's Adj. Tracbar; JKS Front Sway Discos; RE Swaybar Drop Kit; JKS Front BPE's; M.O.R.E. Steering Box Brace; 33x12.50 MTR's; 15x8 American Racing Pol. Alum AR-136's; Warn Rear Receiver Shackle; Custom Emblems; Front Tow-Hooks; '94 Luggage Rack; Trimmed Fenderwells; PIAA Headlamps

'97 Amethyst ZJ Ltd.
    BFG All-Terrain TA KO's; Tinted Vent Visors; Mopar Moulded Splash Guards

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=247924

Registered

How do you like the KMs?? MIne come in either tomorrow or Saturday!!! I can't wait.

Registered

BTW, the link is broken.

Just use the link in his sig and go to the pics of his XJ.

I think the BFG looks a little wider. Other than that, the tread pattern is pretty close, the sidewall's however......
    '98 XJ | '93 YJ 4.0 | '06 G6 GT

Registered

Well, unfortunately they're not mounted up yet. I'm waiting for my rims to come in. They look cool stacked in the garage though. - Gary

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ZJMike:
    How do you like the KMs?? MIne come in either tomorrow or Saturday!!! I can't wait.</font>

------------------
    Gary Graham
    Eielson AFB, Alaska
    '97 Amethyst ZJ Ltd.
    '90 Sterling XJ 4.0L I6
    Gary Graham
    Eielson AFB, Alaska
    '90 Sterling XJ 4.0L I6
    4.5" Total Lift (Rusty's 3" Full Spring-Pack Kit, w/ 1.5" Shackles, JKS Front ACOS
    RE Adj. Upper and Lower Control Arms; OME Long-Travel Shocks and Stabilizer; Rusty's Adj. Tracbar; JKS Front Sway Discos; RE Swaybar Drop Kit; JKS Front BPE's; M.O.R.E. Steering Box Brace; 33x12.50 MTR's; 15x8 American Racing Pol. Alum AR-136's; Warn Rear Receiver Shackle; Custom Emblems; Front Tow-Hooks; '94 Luggage Rack; Trimmed Fenderwells; PIAA Headlamps

'97 Amethyst ZJ Ltd.

1999 XJ Classic I6 AW4 NP231 RE HT SYE Cstm shaft, RE 5.5 / HD Trackbar, JKS adj LCAs / 2G Discos, ZJ TieRod, DIY BPEs, 31"KMs, D30/44 w/ 4:56s and DUAL Detroit Truetracs, 6x9 cone K&N, Hell Roaring Dual Batts Yellow NAPA/Red Optima, 180deg seats, fridge/LCD TVDVD Rack, cstm rack w/ tire & highlift mount, 750W inverter.
    2010 Fun Finder 189FBS
    2010 KIA Soul
    RIP: 1990 XJ Laredo (for parts); 1987 XJ Laredo; 1997 TJ SE; 1989 YJ SE; 1995 XJ Country; 1987 XJ Pioneer.

Registered

I had Uniroyal Laredo MT's on my truck for awhile & they SUCKED! Not too loud, lasted pretty long, but wandered ALL OVER the road. Mind you, I've been running radial MT's of various brands non-stop since 1986. And the Uniroyals were by FAR the worst. Even General Grabber MT's were better - quite a bit in fact. But, nothing compared to the Cooper Discoverer STT & BFG MT. Both of those were outstanding on pavement in terms of handling (BTW the Coopers lasted longer & the BFGs were quieter).

TEX

------------------
    GUMBO Mud Racing
    www.gumbo4x4.com
    GUMBO Mud Racing
    www.gumbo4x4.com

Registered

you want the BFG MTs
    most anything else your going to regret.

Unless you dont offroad much, then get the allterrains.

I got the Dunlops, and I wish I paid the extra $100 for the 4 set of BFGs.
    ;(

------------------
    4.75" Rustys/RR Lift, 31"/10.5 Dunlops on 15x8/3.75"b/s Wheels, K/N, Dynomax, Exide Orbital, 3 core GDI, HD Rustys tie rod, HD extendable Rustys Trac bar, Skidz: Front Mopar, Rustys X-fer Case, Tomken GasTank, 4x4 Doc.Diff. Gaurds, Rocky Road Discos./No Rear Disco
    "When my Jeep and I confront the terrain my soul soares, my spirit roars, and my 4.0 gets angry!"
    <A HREF="http://www.JeepsWorld.com" TARGET=_blank>JeepsWorld.com: "Because It Is a Jeeps' World!"
    </A>EmazingData.com: High Speed Web Hosting / WorldVoter.com: Add Your Link!
    JeepsWorld.com
    (under construction)
    '00 WJ Black Limited w/ leather and a big sun roof for my big head.

The Ex:
    '90 XJ Blue Laredo
    5" RE/Rustys/RR Lift, Custom Bumpers, 31/10.5's on Steel Rims, K/N, Dynomax, HD steering, skidz, Diff.Gaurds, Discos, to much, yet not enough...

Registered

DUDE! What did you shoot that bear with?!!!?? that thing is unbelievable, dod you shoot it inb the face?
    88 XJ Limited
    6.5 inch lift
    awaiting full size axles and trailer queen status.

Unhappy

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TEX:
    I had Uniroyal Laredo MT's on my truck for awhile & they SUCKED! Not too loud, lasted pretty long, but wandered ALL OVER the road. Mind you, I've been running radial MT's of various brands non-stop since 1986. And the Uniroyals were by FAR the worst. Even General Grabber MT's were better - quite a bit in fact. But, nothing compared to the Cooper Discoverer STT & BFG MT. Both of those were outstanding on pavement in terms of handling (BTW the Coopers lasted longer & the BFGs were quieter).

TEX

</font>
    Don't say that I really want to get these tires lol. I've talked to a few local guys who are running these and they said they love em' so far. Just the sidewall is not as strong as the BFG.

92 XJ 4.0L 4.5" Rubicon Express Lift, 32" BFGs, 4.56 gears, SYE

Registered

He didn't shoot that bear. A Airman from Elmendorf did (where I live). That thing is really freaking huge.

The skull actually ended up measuring 29 inches. It ranked 5th on the B&C alltime list.

The thing is the island that he shot it on was just opened to Bear hunting and he was actually hunting Deer. So he only had a 30.06. Which is like a BB gun to a bear that size. He had to shoot it seven times, but it was down after 2.

The park rangers said that on that island there are bears that are even bigger than that one!

They are costal browns so they get really big eating all the salmon. The interior Grizzlies like up by Fairbanks are still really big but nowhere as big as the coastals.
    ~ZJ Submarine Club~

The Body is nothing but Sheetmetal in the way of Performance.

Registered

Well I needed some inexpensive mud terrains and went to Sam's to get the Uniroyals. They had tons with no price tags, and when I asked the tire guys they said they were not for sale. I asked why, and they said there have been a bunch of blowouts and they are on hold now and cannot be sold. I tried and tried to get them to sell me a set and they couldn't legally. So check with your local Sam's to see if you can get your money back -I think that Uniroyal is reimbursing Sam's for all the tires, so it's not hurting them any.
    95 XJ,6.5" lift,33"MTRs

I swear Gary, everytime you post your link to your website, someone thinks you shot that bear...lol. When are we lifting that thing? This weekend would be good for me. Let me know.

------------------
    '88 XJ Chief
    Rusty's 3" lift w/rear spring pack
    Rusty's air tube w/K&N cone
    Rusty's cat-back Flowmaster
    Hella 500's on bumber
    100w fog lights
    31x10.5 BFG A/T ko's on 15x8's
    JKS Gen.II Discos
    rear sway bar removed
    Front JKS BPE's
    Rear BPE's
    Surco roof rack
    Husky liners
    **New AX-15 traney $$
    Mean Grean Starter
    IPF Headlights w/Magic-J Bulbs
    CB w/4ft firestik
    '88 XJ Chief
    "You don't buy a Jeep, you build one!"
    Call sign "MR 4X4"
    Wheel hard, break stuff!

Registered

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by delfindle:

Don't say that I really want to get these tires lol. I've talked to a few local guys who are running these and they said they love em' so far. Just the sidewall is not as strong as the BFG.
    </font>
    Well, FWIW, what I'm hearing is that they aren't nearly as bad on lighter vehicles. Mine were on a 4,500lb 1/2 ton pickup. My wife refused to drive the truck shortly after I put them on there - the truck was better on the bald tires they replaced

TEX

------------------
    GUMBO Mud Racing
    www.gumbo4x4.com
    GUMBO Mud Racing
    www.gumbo4x4.com

Registered

Wink

Tell me about it... I need to put in a note that says: "Check out my webshots page and No I didn't kill the bear" from now on. As for the lift... still no news from AAFES on my rims... but as the wife pointed out, it's only week 3 and they did say 3-4 weeks if in stock. Bummer! My XJ wants to be big! - Gary

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by brimich:
    I swear Gary, everytime you post your link to your website, someone thinks you shot that bear...lol. When are we lifting that thing? This weekend would be good for me. Let me know.

</font>

------------------
    Gary Graham
    Eielson AFB, Alaska
    '97 Amethyst ZJ Ltd.
    '90 Sterling XJ 4.0L I6
    Gary Graham
    Eielson AFB, Alaska
    '90 Sterling XJ 4.0L I6

'97 Amethyst ZJ Ltd.