Thread: WJ: Low Coolant level message

Post WJ: Low Coolant level message

This morning I get into the Jeep and head to work. About a hundred yards from my house I get a chime and look at the overhead display to see "low coolant level" flashing on the display. I drive down the road to the nearest gas station. I get out. Their water is "out of order" I start the truck back up. Head to the next station, it's out of order too. I get out, check the coolant. There is some sater in the overfill bottle and the chime has never rang again since the initial warning. I know I'm not leaking coolant, and I did notice the coolant in the bottle appeared a little dirty. Any idea what is going on or should I just ignore it unless it happens again. I wouldn't think I'd need a coolant flush on a vehicle less than a year old.

Registered

Smile

Bob,

I would agree with you that you should not need new coolant. That stuff should last more than a year. However, you live in a hot environment and wheel it pretty hard, so maybe you do need a flush? I noticed that my coolant was a bit below the "full" line the other day. I had never really payed any attention to it before, so I don't know if it is a little low or if it was just never full to start with. who knows

Sean

2006 Laredo WK. Silver. 4.7 with QTII. Mods planned.

2003 Limited WJ, Patriot Blue, 4.7, QD, loaded; 4" lift, 32's, ARB, Warn, Kevins Sliderz. - SOLD

"You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me" Ed Evans, MGySgt., USMC (Ret.)

Registered

Offcamber, I had that warning appear once, and I topped up with coolant. Then it happened again a couple of months later. I checked it out, and discovered a tiny leak in the thermostat gasket.

------------------
    Platinum WJ, lots of lift, big wheels, offroad and highway capable.
    If I built my own rig, it would look like yours, and that just isn't good enough.