Thread: Advantages to removing rear track bar on YJ

Registered

Question Advantages to removing rear track bar on YJ

Are there any advantages to removing the rear track bar on a 90 YJ?

------------------
    -Jim Baldwin

1990 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
    31x10.5 ProComp MT on AR-767's

Ditch it, you won't miss it.

With it gone, it won't limit you on articulation. I have 2 YJ's and neither one has a track bar. The springs will keep the axle centered.

Registered

Any resources for doing this?

Sorry, I'm a newbie!

------------------
    -Jim Baldwin

1990 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
    31x10.5 ProComp MT on AR-767's

Registered

There are two large bolts holding your rear trackbar on... one on the axle and one on the frame. Mine were large torx head bolts. Remove both bolts and pull the rear trackbar out of the mounts. It may take some patience, but it should come off pretty easily.

I removed both trackbars several years ago and have never regretted it... I get better articulation and better ride quality without them. I also use disconnects on my front swaybar... another great mod.

------------------
    David Parrett
    1994 YJ, 2.5l, rear TrueTrac, 3.5" Rusty's lift, Tomken and TC skids, 31" BFG ATs, 4+ Disconnects, Optima battery, KN filter, Posi-lock...
    1994 YJ, 2.5l, 3.5" Rusty's lift, Tom Woods SYE, TrueTrac rear, skids, 31x10.5 BFG ATs, 4+ disconnects, Optima red, K&N filter, Posi-lock, QuickAir2...