Thread: Jeep Museum? Jeep Factory Tours?

Registered

Question Jeep Museum? Jeep Factory Tours?

Is their any such thing as a Jeep museum in Detroit? Toledo, maybe? Tours of the Jeep plant? I'm going to a wedding in August in Minnesota, so I thought I might try to slip a Jeep museum in, if any such thing exists. I've been to the Corvette factory/museum in Kentucky and the BMW factory/museum in South Carolina. Both were really interesting.

Thanks.

Will
    '95 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - Sold to a good home, 07/12/04
    '04 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

There is a museum, but I believe it is only open to the public on special occassions... I don't know much more about it than that.

I stopped by the old factory one day, but there were no tours... so we went down the street to Willys Overland. It's worth the stop. We got a tour of their warehouse and got to see all the NOS stuff - from ballbearings to brand new bodies. cool group of guys there ready to talk Jeep... check them out.

------------------
    Murdock
    99 Black Sahara - Tuffy'd Up & some other neat gadgets
    RE 2" Lift & 32" KO's (ask about my boat horns!)
    My Jeep's Webpage

Murdock
    99 Black Sahara - Tuffy'd Up & some other neat gadgets
    RE 2" Lift & 32" KO's (ask about my boat horns!)

I don't know if there is a dedicated museum here in Detroit either but there is a crysler museum at their HQ in auburn hills. I think I read that the Last XJ produced went there so there might be some other stuff for Jeeps there. There are other automotive museums in Detroit also though. Best way to find out is probably find the number for Detroit tourism or maybe even triple A.

------------------
    98 TJ 4cyl 5 speed
    "If you don't get stuck you're not pushing your Jeep hard enough"
    Matt
    2.5 TJ on 40s
    CRAWL magazine

Registered

Thanks for the ideas, guys!
    '95 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - Sold to a good home, 07/12/04
    '04 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Registered

Yeah there is a Musuem in the Toledo plant - but it's not open to the public...There was an article about it in Jp about 2 years ago....looked like Heaven

------------------
    Cheers
    Wooders.

97 TJ, 75 CJ-5 & 57 Willy's Wagon
    Sydney Jeep Club.
    Cheers
    Wooders

1946 Willys truck, 1974 CJ6, 1975 CJ5, 1997 TJ, 1998 XJ & 2000WJ......
    Wooders Garage.
    Sydney Jeep Club.

Registered

Will,

How was the BMW plant tour? I can get there within 5 minutes. Actually, my sister got to go test drive one of the new BMW's on their road course for a teenage driving thing. Got published in the magazine too. Pretty cool place to go.

------------------
    94 YJ 4" Pro Comp 3" body WarnHS9500i 35X12.5 Dick Cepek MC-II Eagle 589's custom system black Bestop w/ tints lots of chrome
    FOR SALE:
    94 YJ

- D60 FF rear - D44 HP front - 39.5 TSL's - Classic IIs - SOA - Custom Hi-Steer X-over Steering - 5.13s - welded at both ends - Full Custom Cage -