Thread: 04 WJ cowl seal?

Default 04 WJ cowl seal?

I plan to remove the cowl tomorrow on my jeep to do some work on it. Is there a seal that needs applied to the windshield afterwards? I'm in a different state right now and don't have a chance to take a look at it.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dextux View Post
    I plan to remove the cowl tomorrow on my jeep to do some work on it. Is there a seal that needs applied to the windshield afterwards? I'm in a different state right now and don't have a chance to take a look at it.

Thanks!
    If your refering to the cowl that the wiper arms come through, then there is no seal along the windshield.
    Removal of the wiper arms will be the hardest part.

Why are you removing it, if thats the part your refering too?
    2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
    EBC Brakes
    Parrot Bluetooth
    Gen 3 Headlights, [B]Quantum Blue AcesIV.
    Dual 10" 500 Watt Subs

It's simply a large piece of plastic, no rubber grommets or seals to worry about.
    -Will
    2001 WJ 4.0 242TC 204k on body & trans, 24K on engine

BDS 2" Coils w/ Bilstein 5100's, Addco Rear Bar, I.R.O. Adj. A-Arm, Magnaflow Exhaust, Trans Cooler, HID Heads/Fogs, PIAA 520 SMR, Vinyl Hood Blackout, Bed-lined Cladding, I.R.O. Secondary S.S., Akebonos!, Stillens all-round, 4 Hole Injectors, K&N CAI, Alpine/Kicker Audio, 2 MTX 12'' Subs, JL Audio Amp, Overland Interior, Limited Grill & Gauges, Fender Blinkers, Black JK Rubis, 1" Wheel Spacers, Hankook Dynapro ATM 245/70/17