Thread: Cover Suggestions?

Default Cover Suggestions?

Is there any group consensus on what is the best outdoor cover for a CJ7 w/ a hard top? I unfortunately have to move my 1980 outside and would like to protect it from rain/sun... seen some very expensive California Covers and Weathershield covers at $300+ ....

thoughts? thanks..
    peet
    refreshed, rebuilt 1980 CJ7 (only owner)
    4.2 w/ FI, big brakes, WCT5, 33" BFGs, 4" Skyjkr, 1piece rear axle, 2 1/4" custom exhaust, dual redtops, BF rear bump and tire carrier - some pics

I would think a canvas shop could supply you with a piece big enough for a CJ, you don't really need one that is form fit.

Depends if you're in a windy place DS. My CJ was parked up coastal in South Western Australia where it is 'ken windy and the ill fitting tarp rubbed its way through the paint on the leading edge of the hood over a few days.

Get a soft rug on there first then cinch up your top cover whatever it is nice and tight.
    Gazzo.

I like the rug idea to prevent the canvas surface from the paint, and bungee cords also.

Registered

I can definitely *not* recommend Big Sky. They were the best value for a custom cover when my dad was looking for one for his Scrambler. The thing was total junk. It had holes in it within a year and had pretty much fallen apart after two. It was like the material just rotted and fell apart at the seams.
    75 years and 350,000 miles of fun:

1983 CJ-7 No maintenance, just mods

1998 M3/4/5 No mods, just maintenance

1983 R65LS No intention of modding it, don't know how to maintain it