Thread: 4WD /Bestop trektop nx

Registered

Default 4WD /Bestop trektop nx

So I order a Trektop NX from 4WD for my LJ and to my amazement, I receive the new top in two days. I install the new top and it seems to be going great. Not too hard to fit and looks good. Down to the last zipper when it happens. The back window pulls apart where the zipper is stiched into the clear window. I call and speak to 4WD service and they stated it will be a warranty and tell me the new window will ship in seven to ten days. This was on friday, so today, Monday, I decide to call back and see if they might have a better time frame because I leave this coming friday for vacation. I call to see if they have a better ship date and hear that the window is shipping from Bestop in two to four weeks! I ask if there is anyway of getting it sooner and hear that Bestop dosen't stock the windows and will have to make the replacement. Well, I have ordered from 4WD a few times, and always had luck with them and fast service. But I think I ordered my last part. Nothing like spending your hard earned money and getting shafted. Wish the rep I talk to would have told me the two to four weeks to start with. I would have kept the old top to at least keep the rain out.
    2005 LJ, 4.88's, fully locked, RE4.5" on 35's BFG,KM2's, OBA, 10K winch, Currie steering

I would try and call BESTOP directly. I don't have that particular top, but I do have their seat covers and another soft top. Top quality stuff. Another option would be to ask for a supervisor at 4WD. ask them to send you a new top, they will bill you, then return the defective one for a refund. Don't give up so easy. Good luck.

Registered

I have been on the phone and email for the last hour. Even asked if they could send a window from a kit, but as I expected the anwser was no. But I did'nt try to call Besttop directly, might give that a shot since 4WD can't or won't help
    2005 LJ, 4.88's, fully locked, RE4.5" on 35's BFG,KM2's, OBA, 10K winch, Currie steering

Registered

Well spoke with Bestop, the back window is on back order for the LJ and TJ, so the only way 4WD could help is to take a window out of a kit they have and ship it to me. Guess I'm just stuck out for two to four weeks. But I have to say I do love the top. But sure would be nice if 4WD would send me a back window out of a kit. Hell, just to have a complete new top without tape on it, I would be willing to bargain with them.

Registered

Though I should update this after my b!+chin. Bestop sent me my replacement rear window in the middle of April. Fit the way it should and I love the trektop. I guess some time you have to wait for things to come together. Would just like to say thanks to both Bestop and 4WD for making things right and putting up with me.

Glad it all worked out for you. I've been wanting one of those to replace my OEM top but have been undecided between the Bestop or the Rampage Trail Top. I wouldn't blame 4WD--not their fault Bestop is behind the ball!

Do you have to use the included door surrounds or will the OEMs work? I ask because, from the instructions, the Trektop door surrounds look kind of cheesy. Perhaps it's only the illustration that's cheesy?

Please post a pic of your new top.

Dave
    Last edited by dsgodda; 06-18-2012 at 10:42 AM.

2005 Rubicon Unlimited
    Any day you get it into 4Lo is a great day!

Registered

You could use the factory surrounds but the Bestop surrounds have a bar that crosses above the front seats to stop the flapping. Also, the Bestop surrounds are good quality. The sunrider feature is nice to have and after you take the windows on and off a few times, it's nothing to remove or install them.

If Iceman has some pics, feel free to post them for me. If not, I'll see what I can do.