Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: fyi avast antivirus was flagging ju as html virus threat this morning and yesterday

I turned the ad banners off completely...lets see what that does.
    Πόντιος Πιλᾶτος

Hal • le • lu • jah

it seems as of right now avast no longer flags ju at all for me....thanks for fixin it !
    99 grand cherokee...mine...gone... now its a 2011 toyota tacoma sport... double cab longbed 4.0 and the are cap to match... im loving it !

98 grand cherokee...wifes
    nothing special just jeeps.....

"GET THERE FAST BUT ARRIVE ALIVE "

automation is the future of manufacturing in the USA... if youre a box packer youre screwed. get educated now

my jeeps gone. two engines were just too much to handle. now i got me a toyota lets see how long that lasts

I no longer get any alerts.

Same here - no alerts this visit and quick load times.

Aaron - sorry I didn't get the message until just now. That first page was basically a page on Avast's site saying "Whew! We just saved yer arse from certain badness!" It really doesn't have many details but here's a cut & paste of that page's text:

Welcome to avast! Community Info Portal
    Infection Details
    URL: http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/index.php
    Process: file://C:\Program Files %28x86%29\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    Infection: html:Iframe-inf
    Yes, that was close, but relax... avast! just saved a crash!

Compared to the past, when email was the key method for spreading viruses and spyware, now more than 80% of malware spreads via the internet. In fact, latest avast! Virus Lab research shows that 99% of it spreads through legitimate websites, with only 1% coming from suspicious or ‘dodgy’ sites.
    Browse safer virtually, with the avast! SafeZone™

You can never be absolutely sure that your machine is 100% clean. But now with SafeZone™, you can have a secure virtual space from which malware is not able to steal your sensitive data.

Personal information can be stolen in transit by spyware such as keyloggers and via infected websites through insecure internet connections. While internet users sometimes have the option of selecting secure DNS or HTTPS connections, multiple layers within many sites make this a complicated process. This security vulnerability is most critical for people that extensively shop and bank online.

An innovative "inside-out sandbox" for greater security, SafeZone™ counters remaining weaknesses by creating a virtual desktop isolation within the computer, to block invasive malware applications.
    The second page link I posted a few posts up was a description of the embedded code that is apparently inside a teeeeeeeeeeeensy bit of image code. Not 0 x 0 pixels which would stand out but something else - details escape me but second link did a good job of explaining it and providing an example from a hacked site.

EDIT: Ya know... I just realized you said you'd killed the ads. How about this theory: JU doesn't need to be hacked if the advertising site providing the ads has the bad code. JU would simply fetch the current ads & automagically paste them into each page. Hmmmm - and who's to say a hacker couldn't simply purchase legitimate advertising & insert false ads (for legit products) simply to get some trojans in place? Now that is an interesting thought...

"...the advice given above is somewhat arrogant and in some cases wrong..." . (I'm not an expert... I just play one on the internet.)

Another Freakin' Jeep Cherokee Website. _____________ Sure you're smart... but do you have what it takes to make "The List"?

1990 XJ

The site is cooking along now - hamster is on overdrive. Any word on the advert code?
    "...the advice given above is somewhat arrogant and in some cases wrong..." . (I'm not an expert... I just play one on the internet.)

Another Freakin' Jeep Cherokee Website. _____________ Sure you're smart... but do you have what it takes to make "The List"?

1990 XJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2