Thread: Mojave Heaters

Default Mojave Heaters

Are the Mojave heaters worth the money? I'm putting a fiberglass tub on my CJ5 and mounting the original duct work into a fiberglass body can be troublesome since the inner tub dimensions are smaller than a stock tub. I was thinking that a Mojave heater would be easier to mount.

Do you get much more heat out of them? I'm running a GM blower motor now and it can get pretty hot.

Anyone know of any issues with running them or hooking them up?
    '79 CJ5 with not much '79 left to it

SOA on Wagoneer Dana 44s locked
    T18/D18 with OD drive train
    258 with HO 4L head and OBD1 Fuel Injection
    Still fixing and building after almost 20 years

Now that I had some time to research, I found mixed reviews. Some recommended the Summit heater over the Mojave for lower price and more BTUs and some recommended the Blazer Motor upgrade (which I already did). I was just thinking of making an improvement if there was one and getting something easier to mount in my fiberglass tub.

Not sure what I'll do yet. I guess I'll wait until I try to put it in.

John, which one does Summit sell?

I to offend wondered if those heaters would put to much on the system, or do you hook them up directly to the battery.

Jim
    My CJ is your yJ's Daddy!

84' CJ8-Project Jeep
    86' CJ7

TMGallery TM Build Page

'48 CJ2a 171231; '65 CJ5 Navy; '74 CJ5; '80 CJ7; '84 CJ8; '86 CJ7 and '80 J-10

I have one. It was much better than the factory pre 72 heater but those are horrible. The biggest issue I see is that it only pulls air from the inside of the Jeep. It doesn't make my Jeep "hot" but then again my jeep still has a snap top that is in questionable shape and no seals on the doors of any kind.

1970 CJ-6: 305 TPI V8, NV4500, Dana 18 w/Teralow 3:15 gears, Dana 44 rear w/Detroit, 4:88s and custom Moser Alloy shafts, Dana 30 front w/4:88s and Bid Daddy OR HD Tierod kit flipped on top of the knuckles, full cage tied in with Saginaw power steering conversion and power brake conversion. 35 inch Super Swamper SSRs on 17x9 Procomp Steel Wheels. Kilby On Board Air---
    2000 XJ Cherokee Sport - Traded the old girl in on a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 so I could tow the CJ to and from the trail. Only one Jeep in the family these days.

Quote Originally Posted by rollbar View Post
    John, which one does Summit sell?

I to offend wondered if those heaters would put to much on the system, or do you hook them up directly to the battery.

Jim
    I didn't see any specific model listed in the posts that pulled up in the search. But it was frequently mentioned. These posts were back from 2008 so maybe Summit doesn't carry it anymore.

Someone posted in another forum I'm in.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-991102-1/

Thank you John,

Jim
    My CJ is your yJ's Daddy!

84' CJ8-Project Jeep
    86' CJ7

TMGallery TM Build Page

'48 CJ2a 171231; '65 CJ5 Navy; '74 CJ5; '80 CJ7; '84 CJ8; '86 CJ7 and '80 J-10