Thread: 4bt Cummins Diesel in a YJ

Default 4bt Cummins Diesel in a YJ

I will be working on putting a cummins diesel into a yj. It will run the factory tranny, & will get a Rebuilt Cummings diesel motor, air intake kit, exhaust kit, 4" lift, SYE, lined interior, Wheels & tires, & a lot more.

I have been working on it here & there this week getting it all torn down so that I can get the body off, just to make it easier to get around. There will be a lot of parts that I will be selling off of it, but wont post any of them until next weekend. Most of the parts will be suspension, wheels & tires.

Here is a link to my fb page that I will be posting all the pictures to. I will post some of them here.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=19dad6feff

I just heard from the guys we are getting all the parts from, including the motor will be shipping everything out Monday or Tuesday, & that I should have it all by Friday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '95YJ/ 4 Link Front & Rear/ 1" Body Lift/ 5.38s front and rear with Locker/ 39" Tire/ Warn 9000 Winch/ Custom Stinger & Grill Hoop/ Rock Rails/Custom Full Cage/ Hydro Steering

Here are mor pics, from the tear down.
    '95YJ/ 4 Link Front & Rear/ 1" Body Lift/ 5.38s front and rear with Locker/ 39" Tire/ Warn 9000 Winch/ Custom Stinger & Grill Hoop/ Rock Rails/Custom Full Cage/ Hydro Steering

Got some more done last night. The body is now off the frame. time to start cleaning everyting, & degreasing it all. Got to prep the tub to be lined. (So much easier with everything out of the way)Got to love the dollies, man they work great, now I can mover it all around the garage to make room to work in.

I know its been awhile since I've updated this but here it is.
    The motor & drivetrain are in, the suspension is all done.
    Now finially got the body from the body shop, & rolled on the Herc. Liner & on the frame. Got all the S.S hinges, & now doing all the electrical under the hood.

This was supposed to be just install the the drivetrain & suspension to doing a full body off restore.

Here is a link to all the pictures, there are too many to post.
    http://s466.photobucket.com/albums/r...%20Conversion/

Hope to have everythign back together & running within the next month.

Right Wing Extremist TrojanMan06's Avatar

Ever finish this thing? Looks like a badass little project.
    93 ZJ 4.0 AW4 Reborn!!-
    310,894 miles-Replaced with 40k engine
    Rebuilt 249 TC-Soon to be 231hd
    4.5" IRO w/ 33x12.50R15 BFG KM2s
    IRO Front Long Arms, IRO Adjustable Rear Arms
    Straight Piped, Durango Steering Box

98 ZJ 4.0-FOR SALE
    210,*** miles-Replaced w/ 82k engine
    242 TC
    3.5" w/ 33x12.50R15s

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

"I dont like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders" - Ted Nugent

"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled, or hanged." -Abraham Lincoln 1863