Thread: Need rear suspension help with towing

Default Need rear suspension help with towing

I have a '06 5.7L HEMI Commander which I've installed an Old Man Emu 2" suspension lift with HD coil springs on the rear. At times, I may tow a boat, pop camper or ATV trailer all with varying tongue weights. Iíve tried Air Lift 1000 coil spring inserts which failed miserablyÖtwice. I need to adjust the ride height on the Commander depending on the load being applied to the hitch. A leveling hitch is too restrictive and wonít work as Iím off-road with two of the trailers quite often. On line, Iíve found Firestone ďCoil-RiteĒ makes a coil spring insert which may or may-not not work any better than the Air Lift 1000ís Iíve already tried and Max-Air shocks by Monroe look like they might work. If anybody out there has any experience with either of these two options or maybe a better idea, Iíd like to hear it.

How did the Air Lifts fail?

We put them in our old Grand Cherokee with good success but that thing was a road queen though.
    Life happens, then you go running