Thread: Help / Opinions on Choosing an Offroad Rig

Icon922 Help / Opinions on Choosing an Offroad Rig

Hey guys. I want to start building an offroad rig to primarily use in and around Vermont. I have a 99 WJ, with the I6 4.0. Runs great. Im debating if its worth building this for an offroad rig used in the Northeast (Primarily all wooded trails, steep rocky ledges, some mud etc...) I was thinking 6 in body lift, 35s, some body armour, and bumpers to start with. Then possibly upgrade Diffs, lockers, winch, intake, beadlocks etc... Do people think this is a worthwhile build or should I trade it for a CJ/TJ. Any and all opinions and explanations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

06 Rubi
    Clayton 4" Hard Arm Suspension,Tom Woods Drive Shaft,Bilstein 5100 ,1"Mml, 1"BL,488 yukon gears,35x13.5 Toyos 15x10 Eagle Alloys,Arb Stubby Front Bumper,warn m8000 RockHard Swingaway Bumper, Tuffy Console, banks header,spintech muffler,Clayton Skids,herculined tub

Registered

a CJ or TJ will work good or get a WJ with a V8.

the 4.0 in the WJ is OK but with the added weight the WJ/4.0 becomes a dog