Thread: Inside The Waggy

Registered

Icon911 Inside The Waggy

I have been cleaning up the inside of my old 67 wagoneer,painted the dash,put in some indoor outdoor carpet,and made some new door panels.I am going to build a tool box into the rear cargo bay panle and a new set of speakers,still working on that part will update later,it's starting to look and feel more like a Jeep and less like a junker
    Attached Images Attached Images

JKer with CJ/FSJ blood Ken Gaines's Avatar

Lookin good! Where did you get the stuff to repair the door and cargo side panel upholstery and boards? There is a place that actually sells the new boards. Don't know if you have found it or not, but here is a great place for Waggy parts.

http://www.teamgrandwagoneer.com/

They have just about everything under the sun for these wonderful old Jeeps.
    Originally stated by Mr.George Carlin -=-
    You know what's the best thing about living on the edge of the water? You only have * * * * * * *s living on three sides of you. If they come from the other side, you can hear them splashing!!!
    "Life is a journey that's measured not in miles or years, but in experiences."
    -Jimmy Buffett 1998
    "If you don't fish, you should."
    -D.A. McKee Ph.D., 2002 TAMUCC Ichthyology Class Intro Lecture (How much more wisdom could one need than this?)
    O)||||||(O
    Ken

Registered

Icon911 thank you

Thank you, it's getting there,yes I use team wagoneer for parts,but I can cut cost on the panel board,had some 3/16 bathroom board left over from a job,it is stronger and more water resistant,tile pattern on one side just turn that side in,or Low's has some 1/8"x4'x8' hard bord for about $9. a sheet that would work just fine,I got the 1/8" batting or pad and the naughahide fabric from a local upholstery shop.$8. per yard on the bat and $12. per yard on the fabric,yards are 54"x36" off a roll,I used 3 yards = $60. to make 6 panels,plus some glue and staples,I just picted up some speakers,hindges and a lock for the rear panels,so I can start on them and the tool box,will up date in a few days with pics

Registered

Icon911 cargo panel

I got the cargo panel with a looking door and new speaks done,here are some pics,I put the access door up high so it would be easier to reach with the glass down,instead of having to drop the tailgate every time you need to get into the box.

Registered

Icon911 last panel

well i got the last panel done,its plane jane but nice and clean,

Registered

That is really nice work, looking good.
    Dwayne DeLuca
    87 ChoptopWaggy, Chopped, Locked and Lifted!!!
    98 Cherokee Sport 2-WD, yes the street ride.
    Some people are like Slinkies,
    Not good for much but put a smile on your face when pushed down the stairs!!!

Registered

Icon911 Thanks

Thanks,still have some work to do,rebuilt 232-6,dana-20 tranfercase upgraded from the T-86aa to T-15 trans and put in a 5 inch lift,I guess now I will have to buy a trailer to haul my firewood LOL.

Yes that is looking VERY good indeed! I like the carpets too.

I got really lucky with the panels in my 89 GW. They are in pretty good shape AFAICT. I opened up the passenger side panel and found the speaker completely gone, but the factory bumper jack and base were still there. In fact, I doubt they have ever been removed from the truck. The base was still in the little bag that the factory put it in.
    You know what's the best thing about living on the edge of the water? You only have * * * * * * *s living on three sides of you. If they come from the other side, you can hear them splashing!!!
    -Jimmy Buffett 1998
    -D.A. McKee Ph.D., 2002 TAMUCC Ichthyology Class Intro Lecture (How much more wisdom could one need than this?)
    O)||||||(O
    Ken

Registered

Icon911 send

send a pic, lucky to find 89 gw in good shape,I still need to recover the seats ,head liner needs replaced and there is no glove box,the insert that is,found a box on the net $30. for a plastic one but the shipping is $19. I can't quite talk my self in to spending $50. on a plastic box,guees I will have to make one my self. or keep looking.

Here are a few pics of the 89 GW that I picked up on eBay for CHEAP. It needs exterior cosmetic work and some interior stuff like headliner and seat re-covering. The engine and driveline are sound. The driver's window regulator is shot and, as should be expected, the tailgate window doesn't work but that will be fixed this weekend if I can get a free block of time to troubleshoot it.

BTW this is not a thread hijack...

Shot of interior from passenger side door. The back interior is in similarly good shape.

Shot showing leather damage on driver's seat. This and the center console armrest are the only parts needing help.

Shot of driver's side

Close-up of damage on driver's door

Passenger side of engine

Clean/rust-free passenger floor board from under the vehicle. The other floor boards are similar.

Minor rust damage behind wheel. Both sides are similar, but this is the ONLY rust on the whole vehicle.
    -Jimmy Buffett 1998
    O)||||||(O
    Ken

Registered

Icon911 nice

Nice , looks like it is in good shape for a 89,I just puuled a tailgate glass out of a 88 that had the same color interior,how much mileage and what engine do you have,

Mileage is 174K on the odometer. The engine is a 360 of course and it runs very well. The only real work to be done on this Wag is cosmetic. Everything...including the A/C...is attached and works.
    -Jimmy Buffett 1998
    O)||||||(O
    Ken

Fixed the only thing on the Waggy that didn't work. The rear window works now and it works quite well. If you have one that doesn't work, there is a great troubleshooting article on www.wagoneers.com. The fix for a busted paddle switch is on Ipendia.com. If you google up wagoneer paddle switch fix, the article link will come up. It walks you straight through fixing the thing. Having an impact driver with screwdriver bits REALLY helps when you are pulling the regulator out of the tailgate. Ask me how I know this...
    -Jimmy Buffett 1998
    O)||||||(O
    Ken

Stock Is NOT An Option mdoffroad's Avatar

From a guy who did upholstery work, that looks VERY good. I'm not nessarily a fan of the indoor outdoor, but it looks good in your application! The painted dash etc turned out very nice! Your building one close tot he same as I would.. restomod'd
    MÄττ
    Hangin' on JU for more than 13 years now!!

http://mdpreparedness.com/forum/index.php
    http://www.mdshooters.com/