Thread: Dusty Carb??

Registered

Icon91 Dusty Carb??

86 CJ7, 258-6, active duty stationed in the middle of California desert, 29 Palms. having a constant issue with dirty jets and spray.. have webber 32/36 with K&N 2 5/8 rect air filter. More than ocassionally now, the jeep will just stall out, having to clean/spray jets and bowl to clean again. Fuel pump new and so is filters. Not a gas/vacumn issue, although in temps of 110 plus the gas just evaporates pretty fast too. Any suggestions. Going to change to round 5 1/8 and hopefully will get more air too. When it is running, runs like a top, just has this issue at unopurtune times!

Get rid of the K&N airfilter.

Personally, I think the oem air cleaner was the best, wish I hadn't thrown it away. K & N makes a great air filter, I'm sure you are using oil on it. There are sponge type pre-filters that will go over air cleaners for extra cleaning available. Another option would be a snorkel type air filter like the one ARB makes just to get the air filter from out of the engine compartment. When traveling in a group I try to stay a bit behind and watch where the dust is, being out front helps too. Along with a clean fuel filter and gas additives, I would suggest a few more oil changes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris142 View Post
    Get rid of the K&N airfilter.
    O.K. Chris, then what you suggest as an air fiter system.