Thread: 98 XJ stuck shut hood

Registered

Default 98 XJ stuck shut hood

I have a 1998 XJ with the hood stuck shut. ANy ideas? I think the cable is frozen or broken. How the heck do I get in?!
    IM BACK! with a 94 YJ I am re-doing
    2008 JK 4 Door
    2001 WJ V8
    1998 ZJ 5.9
    1998 TJ 4.0
    1996 ZJ 5.2

Well if the cable is broken your definatly in a pinch. Wonder if you can reach from underneath between the radiator & block with pliers and pull the cable enough to release the latch. Or maybe trip the latch with some kind of small hook.
    "Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book."
    -Ronald Reagan

Many of us have been there and done that. We've even posted about it on a multiple of times.

Look up top in the Master Sticky List... Under "Body", 4th link. It's not a horrible job to fix, or at least open the hood... but ya might as well fix it when ya open it!

Here ya go:

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=401596 - 4th down under the "Body" heading.
    "...the advice given above is somewhat arrogant and in some cases wrong..." . (I'm not an expert... I just play one on the internet.)

Another Freakin' Jeep Cherokee Website. _____________ Sure you're smart... but do you have what it takes to make "The List"?

1990 XJ