Thread: 2003 WJ Overland

Unhappy 2003 WJ Overland

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2363892479.html

I'm sadly selling my Jeep. My commute is killing my wallet and I need to put that money towards a wedding and house. I'd feel good knowing it went to another enthusiast that will take care of it. Please contact me through the CL ad, but put "Saw it on JU" in the subject line. You'll get first dibs. This has been a awesome forum with helpful people and great support, and I hope to get back into a trail-only Jeep in the future.
    Thanks everyone,
    John
    03 Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Overland - 3" IRO, DT8000 shocks with Energy Suspension bushings and BPEs, 255/75/17 BFG Mud-Terrains, Rola Roof Rack, aFe Stage 2 Intake

whats up with the wheel of the first picture on the listing???
    -Will
    2001 WJ 4.0 242TC 204k on body & trans, 24K on engine

BDS 2" Coils w/ Bilstein 5100's, Addco Rear Bar, I.R.O. Adj. A-Arm, Magnaflow Exhaust, Trans Cooler, HID Heads/Fogs, PIAA 520 SMR, Vinyl Hood Blackout, Bed-lined Cladding, I.R.O. Secondary S.S., Akebonos!, Stillens all-round, 4 Hole Injectors, K&N CAI, Alpine/Kicker Audio, 2 MTX 12'' Subs, JL Audio Amp, Overland Interior, Limited Grill & Gauges, Fender Blinkers, Black JK Rubis, 1" Wheel Spacers, Hankook Dynapro ATM 245/70/17

i hear you on mpg's...but do the math (thats a sweet jeep!) - unless you are trading straight over to a car with better gas mileage, you need to get really good mileage in the new car to justify the price difference (not to mention it'll probably take you a few years to recoup your cost v. keeping the wj and spending more on each fill up)

I compared keeping my 01 v8 wj with a sedan costing $29000 otd ... figured the jeep at 18mpgs (very optimistic) using 89 octane and the sedan at 28 mpgs needing 91 octane ($.10/gal more) - and found that it would take me about 280,000 miles before I made up for the $23000 difference in value (ballpark best private sale price of my jeep at $6k).

Just fwiw....but if you're trading for an old car with similar value it may be worth it

Quote Originally Posted by '01WJeepp View Post
    whats up with the wheel of the first picture on the listing???
    I got a little click-happy with the distort tool and overwrote the original before I noticed it.

NOTE: MY FRONT DRIVER-SIDE WHEEL DOES NOT CONTAIN A VORTEX TO ANOTHER DIMENSION.

I'm looking to get something used that's more of a traditional commuter like a Civic or similar. I do all the nice maintenance to the Jeep because it deserves it. Whatever replaces it will get the bare minimum.
    Last edited by jwolf312; 05-05-2011 at 04:15 PM.
    03 Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Overland - 3" IRO, DT8000 shocks with Energy Suspension bushings and BPEs, 255/75/17 BFG Mud-Terrains, Rola Roof Rack, aFe Stage 2 Intake

Registered

nice looking jeep! good luck with the sale. I'm considering doing the same with my overland. i spent 115 bucks in gas last week
    2002 Overland for sale

Well for better or worse the deal is done. I sold it to my co-workers father-in-law who needed reliable transportation for $9k. It's less than I wanted but more than he offered plus he seems to be an old-school gearhead so he'll take care of it. Now it's between a 2001 Integra with 126k mi or a 2003 Civic Hybrid with 80k.

Quote Originally Posted by jwolf312 View Post
    Well for better or worse the deal is done. I sold it to my co-workers father-in-law who needed reliable transportation for $9k. It's less than I wanted but more than he offered plus he seems to be an old-school gearhead so he'll take care of it. Now it's between a 2001 Integra with 126k mi or a 2003 Civic Hybrid with 80k.
    Integra, GSR if you can.

I did a lot of searching on those cars. A lot nicer interior with all the gizmos. Your overland is to acura integras, GSR edition. It does take premium on the GSR, but it will also get better MPGs, like 30+ mpgs.

If not, an Integra LS will last you a life time

Sorry about you selling the WJ. I dread the day I do that. You're just on temporary leave though
    1995 ZJ Laredo 4.0 Project Never Done...Build - 5 Speed swap and 4x4 conversion - Complete
    and a stock 99 WJ