Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: outer door window seal

Icon922 outer door window seal

jeep.jpg

I'm not sure what the technical name is for them, but the outer weather seals on the windows just above the door handles, underneath the rubber part is metal. On mine they have rusted and I don't want the rust to spread. Can these be replaced? Or has anyone else had this issue?

This isn't my jeep I just quick saved a picture from google and i know it's not a great one just trying to show the part I am talking about.
    2000 WJ Laredo 4.7 quadradrive BF Goodrich Long Trails 235/70/16
    stock for now, lift coming soon

door outter belt seals. its very common for them to rust and bow out at the ends. if you search here youll find them at a better price than at the dealership for sure. and some how to's for changing them
    99 grand cherokee...mine...gone... now its a 2011 toyota tacoma sport... double cab longbed 4.0 and the are cap to match... im loving it !

98 grand cherokee...wifes
    nothing special just jeeps.....

"GET THERE FAST BUT ARRIVE ALIVE "

automation is the future of manufacturing in the USA... if youre a box packer youre screwed. get educated now

my jeeps gone. two engines were just too much to handle. now i got me a toyota lets see how long that lasts

Registered

I just ordered a set of aftermarket reproduction wipes from Team Grand Cherokee. They fit perfectly, no issues what so ever. $99.95 for the complete set.

http://www.teamgrandcherokee.com/Wea...rip/index.html

They are the 3rd item up from the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps...

-JP
    2003 WJ Limited - 4.7 HO - Bright Silver Metallic - Debadged and Tinted
    2.5" KOR BB, KOR Dual SS, JKS Adj. Track Bar, Bilsteins, 265/65/17 General Grabber AT2, K&N FIPK, DDMTuning HIDs

pattonja@hotmail.com

Registered

Quote Originally Posted by jpatton View Post
    I just ordered a set of aftermarket reproduction wipes from Team Grand Cherokee. They fit perfectly, no issues what so ever. $99.95 for the complete set.

http://www.teamgrandcherokee.com/Wea...rip/index.html

They are the 3rd item up from the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps...

-JP
    Did the same..perfect fit. Took about 20 min for all. Can't believe how rotted the old ones were. Happy to see no rust on the doors under them.

Icon922

rockauto.com

2000 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LAREDO 4.7L 287cid V8 FI (N) SOHC : Body-Exterior : Belt Weatherstrip / Window Scraper Seal Wiki Price
    FAIRCHILD Part # D2034 {#55135879AF}
    Front Outer; Driver Side

* Non-stock item--shipping delayed up to 2 business days
    $27.99
    Add to Cart
    FAIRCHILD Part # D2035 {#55135878AF}
    Front Outer; Passenger Side

$27.99
    Add to Cart
    FAIRCHILD Part # D2036 {#55135891AF}
    Rear Outer; Driver Side

$28.79
    Add to Cart
    FAIRCHILD Part # D2037 {#55135890AF}
    Rear Outer; Passenger Side

$28.79
    Add to Cart
    2000 WJ, silver & black, 4.7 full time 4x4, 5.5" lift, 33's, tinted windows, truck bed lined all plastics, led interior lights, 4300k hid high/low & fogs, roof rack basket, cold air intake, iro rock sliders

2000 dodge dakota r/t, intense blue w/ pearl, bagged, 20's, 4 tv's, ps2, 2-12" subs, 2500 watt amp, custom bed, nitrogen bottle w/ bottle bracket, stage 2 jet chip, cold air intake, tb spacer, 180 t-stat

1989 ford ranger, rat rod flat black with lime green keystone klassic wheels, lime green custon flamed skull grill insert, 08 yzf 450 yoshimura exhaust, propane injected exhaust flame thrower

"TWEEKmods"
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/394892...ort-utility-4d

Awesome, thanks everyone. I've been looking and looking and couldn't ever find anything for these darn things. Thanks again!
    2000 WJ Laredo 4.7 quadradrive BF Goodrich Long Trails 235/70/16
    stock for now, lift coming soon

Registered

I never thought that you could get these parts. I have been suffering with rusty strip for a while now.

Registered

I'm glad I found this thread. I just ordered a set From TeamGrandCherokee for the wife's WJ.
    '94 ZJ son's..gone at 200,000+ miles!!
    '98 xj daughter's traded for

'04 WJ Laredo
    '04 wj Freedom wife's
    '06 WK Hemi mine all mine!!

Quote Originally Posted by biglurp View Post
    Did the same..perfect fit. Took about 20 min for all. Can't believe how rotted the old ones were. Happy to see no rust on the doors under them.
    Can you post a finished pic? Would like to replace mine as well.

Registered

Jeep is off at college right now. I'll post some pix in a few weeks. It's a very easy job, and looks great.

Registered

I have a 04 wj....it looks tricky to r&r these pieces ?????
    mine are shot........
    do these come with directions....and do you need the special tool mentioned?
    Bryan
    Bryan in VA
    2004 white 4.0 laredo!..all stock still.
    1997 zj 4.0 219000 miles and retired.
    2001 5.9 dakota,all factory options included
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    "What did we really accomplish in IRAQ"

Registered

Quote Originally Posted by jeepinBA View Post
    I have a 04 wj....it looks tricky to r&r these pieces ?????
    mine are shot........
    do these come with directions....and do you need the special tool mentioned?
    Bryan
    Just grap one end and pull up. I have seen people use a small block of wood to tap on from the bottom. They have small barbs that hook on inside of door, so you may need a tool to pull towards the window.

The only thing that I needed to remove mine were my fingers. I expected a fight, but it took about five seconds per door to remove.

Registered

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Can you post a finished pic? Would like to replace mine as well.

It's an extremely easy fix. Mine were so rusty that they crumbled apart when I pulled on them. I also had some minor surface rust forming underneath. I took the time to rub this out with some paint cleaner and then put a couple coats of wax on before I reinstalled the new wipes. If you have a dark color, the rust won't be noticible, but my WJ is silver and it was noticeable. The end result will look identical to your WJ when it was new. The parts fit perfectly!! It's a huge improvement. No real need to post pics.
    2003 WJ Limited - 4.7 HO - Bright Silver Metallic - Debadged and Tinted
    2.5" KOR BB, KOR Dual SS, JKS Adj. Track Bar, Bilsteins, 265/65/17 General Grabber AT2, K&N FIPK, DDMTuning HIDs

pattonja@hotmail.com

Registered

The front ones appear harder to replace ....since it goes under side mirrors??
    Thanks!
    Bryan
    Bryan in VA
    2004 white 4.0 laredo!..all stock still.
    1997 zj 4.0 219000 miles and retired.
    2001 5.9 dakota,all factory options included
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    "What did we really accomplish in IRAQ"

Registered

Quote Originally Posted by jeepinBA View Post
    The front ones appear harder to replace ....since it goes under side mirrors??
    Thanks!
    Bryan
    Just goes under a little. pull up by the door handle and it will just slip out from under mirror. Don't overthink this,, It's easy.

Registered

I got the ones from Team Grand Cherokee, put them on in 15 minutes. Look OEM to me. Jeep looks new again.

Now what to do about the curb rash on the Freedom Edition wheels?
    '94 ZJ son's..gone at 200,000+ miles!!
    '98 xj daughter's traded for

'04 WJ Laredo
    '04 wj Freedom wife's
    '06 WK Hemi mine all mine!!

I got a set from Team Grand Cherokee too. It took all of 30 minutes to replace all 4. Actually only 15 min, but I stopped to work on a cold one right in the middle of the job. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. I used a block of wood wrapped in a rag to keep from marring my paint. I pounded up on the wood block with a rubber mallet, just in case I missed the block. Thanks TeamGC!
    Last edited by jlmanatee; 05-19-2011 at 04:04 PM.
    2004 WJ
    4.7L V8
    K&N FIPK
    Dynomax Ultraflow
    Bilstein HDs

Registered

Default window weatherstrips

I think you are all lucky in the U.S. I wanted to order the strips for my overland but, it costs as much to ship them to the U.K. as it is to buy them !
    Trying to get any after market strips here is a nightmare. It looks as if I will have to buy from the stealer at the inflated price.

Just got my replacements from team grand cherokee. This was the first repair I've ever done to my Jeep, so I was kinda nervous at first. But after the first one came off- and it was tough because it was SO rusted, the rest were fine. Can not believe how rusted out the passenger side ones were. They literally crumbled when I took them off. The front ones were in fine shape, but took them off so all four would be new.

Putting the new ones in was simple. Just a gentle push downward, and then a gentle tap in place with a block and small hammer. Looks SO much better, though I can see why the rear ones rust. Even with the replacements, there's a little gap around the window pillar (the one that divides the window into two panes). But the good news is, there was very little rust on the sill. Quite surprised, actually.

Anyway, if you've got rusted out, ugly window seals, replace them. It's easy and you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast