Thread: 2005 Limited Adding Dvd Option with Headrests

Default 2005 Limited Adding Dvd Option with Headrests

I have searched around and have not been able to find anything specific to what I am looking for and hope you guys can help me out. We have a 2005 Limited with the navigation but no dvd. I am wanting to add 2 headrest screens for the kids and was wondering if I purchase the oem dvd player that sits in the center console how I could go about using this for these screens. I like the oem location and dvd player just not the overhead screen. Would this require me buying a separate harness to go from the head unit to the dvd player or it is already installed in all of the jeeps. Also a pin out so I can source my video out off of the oem dvd player to split and run to the headrests.... Thanks so much in advance and I really look forward to hearing from everyone!

Registered

Take a look at Vizualogic headrests. They come with either one or two dvds (one in each headrest). They are self-contained, install easily and look factory. They even match factory leather colors. www.vizualogic.com. I have a set in my Aspen. We all love them...kids and adults.
    2012 JK Unlimited Rubicon - Black on Saddle Leather

2005 WK Limited 5.7L HEMI - 2" Rough Country Lift, LT245/75/17 Big-O A/Ts, Bilstein HD shocks in all four corners, 4xGuard Brush Guard with Grill Hoop, Saguaro 4XComponents antenna mount, Stillen Metal Matrix pads and rotors, Midland 1001Z CB radio with 3ft Firefly antenna, 4XGuard 12-bolt differential guard

1998 ZJ Limited 5.2L - Submerged and dead!

I have Power Acoustik (linked below) in our 05 Limited. Had the same ones in our Forester too. They are awesome! We have a retro fitted RER My Gig and they work great! Light Grey color ,matches the interior almost perfectly. We had to split video but it wasnt an issue at all. If you had to, video splitters/amplifiers are cheap.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ight-Gray.html
    2005 GC Limited 4.7-My Gig RER retrofit-Truckchamp stainless bull bar and side steps

2000 Plain Jane Cherokee Sport

Not having the dvd option installed in our jeep, will this create a problem or can I still use the oem dvd player in the center console and just get the wiring harness and hack them for the video feed to the monitors. Will the Radio see the dvd unit once it is hooked up since it never had this option installed?

Registered

With the Vizualogic system the dvd player is built into the screen in each headset so no need for one in factory spot at back of console.

2005 WK Limited 5.7L HEMI - 2" Rough Country Lift, LT245/75/17 Big-O A/Ts, Bilstein HD shocks in all four corners, 4xGuard Brush Guard with Grill Hoop, Saguaro 4XComponents antenna mount, Stillen Metal Matrix pads and rotors, Midland 1001Z CB radio with 3ft Firefly antenna, 4XGuard 12-bolt differential guard

Quote Originally Posted by dcaprio View Post
    With the Vizualogic system the dvd player is built into the screen in each headset so no need for one in factory spot at back of console.
    which wouldn't be a bad deal except i would lose the other video input from the stand alone oem dvd player.... for the kids games

Registered

The Vizualogic system also has separate video inputs - I have a PS3 mounted in my aspen hooked up to the screens. It also has inputs for ipods to play music and video through the screens. Wireless headphones come with the system, but y kids use their ipod headphones.

does anyone have the pinouts for the actual dvd player. I have found one and ordered it but I would like to start making my wiring harness from it to the pins on the back of the rec as soon as I can. Everyone says it is printed on the top of the dvd player if someone has a picture of it or knows them I would greatly appreciate it!!!Thank you guys!! Also I already have the c2 pinouts for the rec unit!