Thread: 2008 Commander Dashboard Issue

Default 2008 Commander Dashboard Issue

Please Help!!!

I have a 2008 Jeep Commander and yesterday the dashboard lights went dim and the left and right levers stopped working (So my blinkers and wipers don't work). The Radio and all ac/heating lights are also dim. When I turn on the car all lights look normal, but then go dim right away.

Any suggestions?

Thank You,

Default Fixed

Looks like the issue is the multifunction switch. Part is $89 from the deal. The dealer wanted to charge me $200 in Service. Went to the local Pepboys and they did it for $115. I thought about doing it but they said I needed to remove the steering wheel and airbag.

Registered

I have the same problem in my 06 limited. I have ordered the Multifunction switch which was supposed to be hear last Fri. Once I get it and swap it out I will report back.
    1999 Wrangler SE, 2" Procomp Springs, 1" front spacer, Dt3000 Shocks, Ramsey Rep8000 Winch w/ Custom Mount and Bumper, 31x11.50 LBT's, current gear ratio 4:10.

Hate to tell you this but it should only take about 15 mins to do and is only one screw to pull.

Default 2008 Commander Dashboard Issue

Looks like the issue is the multifunction switch. Part is $89 from the deal. The dealer wanted to charge me $200 in Service. Went to the local Pepboys and they did it for $115. I thought about doing it but they said I needed to remove the steering wheel and airbag.

Registered

Quote Originally Posted by B00KERS View Post
    See most post about a similar issue. Today we're are replacing the Multi Function Switch and the ignition module its likely one of these. Been a Ghost story and has gone on for 6 months. I'm just throwing parts at it now. "Oh: in Australia, the Multi Function Switch is $231:00
    "There's only one original Jeep"
    last Dinosaur that's NOT extinct.