Thread: loose springs?

Registered

Default loose springs?

I went to the garage, and was describing the condition I was experiencing:

When pulling into a driveway, like a bank, with a little bump, especially when turning right, it makes a clunking in the rear.

Well, we put it on the lift, and one of the first things to show was that the springs were very loose in the rear. Is this normal?

I was thinking of doing an OME lift anyhow, but now I am wondering if there might be something else wrong, or do these springs just compress over time? It is only a 2003, and has no tow hitch, so I don't think anything unusual has been happening here. Maybe it is just poor metallurgy. Anyone know?

Normal for the rear coils to be "loose" when on a lift and the rear diff is fully drooped.Your noise most likely sounds like a rear balljoint issue or bushing issue in the rear.
    I drive a Liberty,laugh now.

Sitting on 35's,HP44,RockJock60,and 4:3 AtlasII

Registered

Iconcan gehanson

might be the factory springs. i have 2004 liberty renegade had to replace rear springs as when jacked up right spring just about fell out. put in a pair of moog springs and rides like new. i want to find out how to check the upper control arm ball joint, the one at the rear. as i have some fish tailing when going 70 mph.
    Last edited by gehanson; 03-30-2011 at 04:02 AM.

Registered

Quote Originally Posted by gehanson View Post
    might be the factory springs. i have 2004 liberty renegade had to replace rear springs as when jacked up right spring just about fell out. put in a pair of moog springs and rides like new. i want to find out how to check the upper control arm ball joint, the one at the rear. as i have some fish tailing when going 70 mph.
    How much were the Moog springs? OME and other aftermarket "lift" springs are pretty expensive.

could be the shock bolts.I replaced my shocks on my wj and i got a noise when hitting bumps.Well i found the new shocks had a differant size metal sleeve in them versed the factory ones.
    IF IT HAS BOOBS OR WHEELS IT WILL GIVE YOU TROUBLE !!!