Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TJ with 37's NO lift

Default TJ with 37's NO lift

Just got some pics of my jeep with metalcloak fenders and flares running 37's with no lift. Let me know what you think.

2005 TJ SE 2.4L, 35" Toyo's, 3.5" RE Lift, 2" spacer up front, Dana 60 rear 35 spline detroit 5.13, Dana 30 front open 4.88, Daily Driver, 80 on the freeway 2900 rpm's

www.metalcloak.com

www.polarbearunlimited.com

Registered

All TJs should come from the factory with fenders like this...awesome.

Looks great! Got any pics of it from the side on level ground?
    2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 2" Trail Master BB with teraflex quick disconnects and 265/75R16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs.
    2005 Jeep Wrangler Willys Edition. sold
    1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 3" Rough Country with 31x10.5 Goodyear Dura-Tracs. sold

Registered

I think it looks good! Any pics on level ground?
    3 inch BDS, 1 inch BL, Skids, Jeeperman Front and TKH Fab Rear Bumper, Dana 30 w/ Lockright, PSC Trail Corners, AtoZ Rockers, RESF CAs, Currie Antirock, 8.8 Detroit, Smittybilt custom tube fenders, 35" KM2s, 4.56s, BDO Tie-rod

http://www.midsouthjeeps.com/

Registered

Looks good.
    02 TJ Dana 44 w/Detroit
    5spd.
    RE 3.5 Springs, Rock Krawler Longarm
    33x12.5 TSLs
    JKS 1.25 BL
    MORE 1" MML
    Rancho 9000X shocks
    Currie HD steering setup

Daily Driver / Tow Vehical
    2007 1 ton Cummins

Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by xtremzj View Post
    i know.
    If only you were.

Go do yourself a favor and look up Team Waggoner. Good friend and used to be neighbor of mine for many years who used to compete in that little CJ-5, spring under on 35's, Stock Modified class, short wheelbase (in case you don't know what a 5 is) and he had maybe a total of 24" of total articulation. That's 6" per corner or about 3 up and 3 down.

When I watched him at competitions, I don't think there was more than 3 tires on the ground most of the time. He always carried a tire through the obstacles and it didn't stop him from stacking up an impressive list of wins, sponsorships, and top 5 finishes that gave him a few Series Championships.

Articulation is nice for pictures, but I'll take lockers over articulation any day of the week.
    If you buy for the warranty, buy two. You're gonna need them because warranties don't get you home.

Looks Good, love the wheels.
    So, what are Uptravel/Downtravel numbers ?
    Can it turn ?
    P.A.O
    Winchline.com
    Crawlmag.com
    Those Guys Rods & Custom

[QUOTE=Polarbear;4677474]Just got some pics of my jeep with metalcloak fenders and flares running 37's with no lift. Let me know what you think.

Big tires, low COG, lots of ground clearance are all great IMO.Being tall and tippy are in the past.Tires touching the ground are worthless if they have no weight on them.Don't forget lockers & maybe larger axles for 37's.Pay no attention to those who critize.
    Lots o stuff-but never done!

Quote Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
    If only you were.
    "Here's my strategy on the Cold War:
    We win, they lose."
    - Ronald Reagan-

saweet!!! i bet the onroad ride is awesome!
    00 sahara 8" skyjacker lift, 8274, 30 locked warn hub conversion, super 44, 38 kevlars, warn bumpers, or-fab trail cage.

Default 2 thumbs up

Do you get any rubbing, would seem the rear corner guards may be the tighest point.

Would you do anything different next time. . . I'm considering this same on my LT with a 1.25 body lift. Do you think 38's would fit with the BL?

Rocks are a requirement. Evil5oh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UTWeezul View Post
    I think it looks good! Any pics on level ground?
    x2. I would like to see pics on level ground.
    2 Jeeps, and a Mustang.

Registered

bump for pics on level ground thanks
    01' Wrangler 4.0
    Toys X Troy bumpers, rocker guards
    Clayton 5.5 long-arm
    35" Goodyear Wrangler MT/R Kevlar
    Super 8.8 rearend w/ 4.56s and E-locker.
    Auburn selectable in the front.

Sorry about the late reply here's some pics on level ground.

2005 TJ SE 2.4L, 35" Toyo's, 3.5" RE Lift, 2" spacer up front, Dana 60 rear 35 spline detroit 5.13, Dana 30 front open 4.88, Daily Driver, 80 on the freeway 2900 rpm's

www.metalcloak.com

next hopefully 40's with 3.5" lift

www.metalcloak.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ulimited Infidel View Post
    Do you get any rubbing, would seem the rear corner guards may be the tighest point.

Would you do anything different next time. . . I'm considering this same on my LT with a 1.25 body lift. Do you think 38's would fit with the BL?
    rears is the only place i rub a little i'll test it further at TDS in March
    Last edited by Polarbear; 02-13-2011 at 11:42 PM.

www.metalcloak.com

I think it looks really good. I personally would add a 2-3 inch lift to it but I think it looks good the way it is.
    2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 2" Trail Master BB with teraflex quick disconnects and 265/75R16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs.
    2005 Jeep Wrangler Willys Edition. sold
    1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 3" Rough Country with 31x10.5 Goodyear Dura-Tracs. sold

What are your uptravel/downtravel numbers?
    Omnis Cedo Domus

98 TJ 5.9/46RE/D300 with some mods
    98 XJ Sport

Subscribe to CRAWL Magazine

Satt

PolarBear, thank you very much for showing so many pics. My wife saw them. NOW SHE WANTS THEM!!!!! I hate you!!!

J/K, looks good bud.
    '10 JKU Sport, 2.5 inch Mopar Performance Lift, 35" MT/R's, Thrush muffler, XRC bumpers/tire swing, PJ sliders, Spiderwebbed, Hella 500 WS lights with modified HID, Cobra 75, K&N drop in filter.

(wifes) 04 TJ sport. 3.5 RE lift springs, RC Long arm upgrade kit, XRC F/R bumpers/tire swing, Smittybilt 10K winch, 33 KM2's, unknown sliders, Volant CAI, Monster Exhaust, Cobra 75, Spiderwebbed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast