Thread: Where does this hose go? (Vacuum line)

Registered

Default Where does this hose go? (Vacuum line)

Hi,

I had my jeep in the shop for some body work. They didn't connect a vacuum line back. Only the defrost works.

I can't find where it goes? Here is a photo.

Also I can't find where the electrical connector goes.
    It comes out of the firewall here:

Thanks!

I had that vacuum line pop off of my TJ once, look in the owners manual or on the inside of the hood and there should be a diagram of the vacuum lines shows where it goes. Its just below the throttle body if its the one I am thinking of.
    2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 2" Trail Master BB with teraflex quick disconnects and 265/75R16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs.
    2005 Jeep Wrangler Willys Edition. sold
    1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 3" Rough Country with 31x10.5 Goodyear Dura-Tracs. sold

Registered

Thanks,

Any idea on the electrical connector?

[IMG][/IMG]
    "Never look down on anyone unless your helping them up"- Jesse Jackson :thumbsup:
    Flex-a-lite 485 electronic cooling fan, AEM Brute Force Air Induction, AEM Power spacer, Hesco 62MM TB, Borla Headers, Banks Monster Exhaust, KC HiLites Back Up Lights, 130W Rally 800 & SlimLites, 2.5 in RC lift, 33X9.5 BFG

Registered

That puppy is filled.

Open to all ideas though. Thanks and keep it coming.

Okay but that is the line that controls the blend door. Possibly why you only have defrost.

Why not take it back and insist they finish the job.
    "Never look down on anyone unless your helping them up"- Jesse Jackson :thumbsup:
    Flex-a-lite 485 electronic cooling fan, AEM Brute Force Air Induction, AEM Power spacer, Hesco 62MM TB, Borla Headers, Banks Monster Exhaust, KC HiLites Back Up Lights, 130W Rally 800 & SlimLites, 2.5 in RC lift, 33X9.5 BFG

Registered

I can't tell you why your defrost doesn't work, but the hose and electrical connector go to your windshield washer reservior and pump.

Spelling&Grammar-Lern It JeffBowser's Avatar

I was going to say - follow the arc, the hose and connector will only reach so many places.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    I can't tell you why your defrost doesn't work, but the hose and electrical connector go to your windshield washer reservior and pump.
    ----------------
    97 Sahara,original owner. 285/70/R17 on an OME kit + 1"bl. 4.56, Truetrac F/R + other assorted crap.

looks like washer fluid hose and elec. connector for bottle res. if not hose to washer bottle and connector to evap or brake proportioning valve area.

Registered

Thanks guys, you're right, it's for my hardtop squirter.

Stupid body shop, if I hadn't moved I'd tear them a new one. They forgot to reinstall my vacuum reservoir, hence my problems.

Registered

Quick question, on a TJ with a hard top, does anyone have a photo of the connector on the windshield washer reservoir? I'm guessing it should have two places to hook up a line and an electrical connector like the one I pictured above.

Registered

Ask and ye shall receive...
    Last edited by Dylan; 12-11-2011 at 12:45 PM.
    2000 TJ SE
    Rusty's 3" susp w/OME shocks, 4.88 gears, F&R Truetracs, 33x10.5 BFG KM2, Bestop tire carrier, MM10500 hyd winch, Custom offroad pinstriping
    2005 LJ Rubicon
    RC 4" X-series susp, 33x10.5 BFG AT, Bestop tire carrier, Warn M8000, Custom offroad pinstriping

Registered

How hard is the vacuum hose to replace for someone with no automotive skills, other than changing batteries and other minor repairs.

My selector is not switching between zones and it looks like the vac hose has rotted out. Should i just wrap it in duct tape or can I pull it out and replace it easily? Also, anyone have a part name/number for the vac line?

btw it's a 2002 TJ with AC if that matters.
    '02 TJ Sport Black

Oversized Cup Holder

it's just a hose man....
    If you don't have any mechanical skills you have 3 choices:
    1. get some skills
    2. make ALOT of money for your mechanic (I'll be your mechanic)
    3. get a honda.

btw,, i'm kidding... SORTA
    1st Gen tj. sept 96. Locked and loaded.