Thread: LJ jump seats?

Icon911 LJ jump seats?

i did a search and came up empty to specifics....but maybe i'm not searching right...

has anyone put jump seats along the sides in the back of an LJ, like a land rover? they'd be for use only with the top down. was wondering if anyone's pulled it off and if so, are there any photo's?

thanks all.

Registered

I JUST finished doing it to my TJ. it was not too bad Total was about 120. i had to get the mounting brackets from the LR dealership and then just bolted it to my wheel well
    GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE, BUT THEY SURE HELP

TJ Sahara
    5 speed
    4" R/C lift
    35X12.5 BFG A/T
    Detroit in the back
    Alloy USA 30 spline shafts
    Grande 35 kit

Quote Originally Posted by DSRT TJ View Post
    I JUST finished doing it to my TJ. it was not too bad Total was about 120. i had to get the mounting brackets from the LR dealership and then just bolted it to my wheel well
    Pic's?

The rear passenger's head(s) will likely be above the sport cage if they are sitting on the wheel well. Not a good idea....if you roll it....or on a good bump when they'll receive a 3" steel tube in the face.

Might be cool for the novelty of it...but I can't see it being very practical.
    2009 F-150 SuperCrew · 2014 Street Glide Special

Saw an image on this or another forum. It is popular in South America as tour vehicles and taxi's if I remember correctly. If I could find it I add it al a link.
    "Never look down on anyone unless your helping them up"- Jesse Jackson :thumbsup:
    Flex-a-lite 485 electronic cooling fan, AEM Brute Force Air Induction, AEM Power spacer, Hesco 62MM TB, Borla Headers, Banks Monster Exhaust, KC HiLites Back Up Lights, 130W Rally 800 & SlimLites, 2.5 in RC lift, 33X9.5 BFG

Seems to me the rear inner fenders take up too much room inside to allow jump seats to fit. Putting seats on top of the fenders would make them very high, only little kids would be able to sit on them without hitting their heads on the roof, so they'd probably only be able to be used with the top off.

Scramblers have "pickup style" inner fenders instead of the huge ones the LJ has, and they're 9" longer behind the rear wheels than the LJ is, so there's room to fit jump seats in there:

Maybe you could fit one of the seats in the picture above in the back of an LJ, behind the rear seat and between the inner fenders?

Or, here's a Jeep I saw last week at the SEMA show in Las Vegas, it's got seating for 8:

Visit my Jeep Projects site for info on my custom Jeep projects:
    • the Retro Wrangler pickup
    • the Gaucho CJ pickup
    • the Safari Cab custom modular hardtop

Registered

I'm 6'2 and i fit back there. My head is right behind the sound bar. however, I wouldnt put kids or any loved ones back there for a long trip or freeway driving. its an emergency seat for sure. picks on the way

TJ Sahara
    5 speed
    4" R/C lift
    35X12.5 BFG A/T
    Detroit in the back
    Grande 35 kit

"Never look down on anyone unless your helping them up"- Jesse Jackson :thumbsup:
    Flex-a-lite 485 electronic cooling fan, AEM Brute Force Air Induction, AEM Power spacer, Hesco 62MM TB, Borla Headers, Banks Monster Exhaust, KC HiLites Back Up Lights, 130W Rally 800 & SlimLites, 2.5 in RC lift, 33X9.5 BFG

Registered

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TJ Sahara
    5 speed
    4" R/C lift
    35X12.5 BFG A/T
    Detroit in the back
    Grande 35 kit

Not that I would need this but it is very interesting. You said 120 for the frame from LR. It that the entire seat in the picture?

What is the box on the left?

I see you still have the rear seatbelt. Are you using it with the jump seat?

Registered

Quote Originally Posted by Neil F. View Post
    Not that I would need this but it is very interesting. You said 120 for the frame from LR. It that the entire seat in the picture?

What is the box on the left?

I see you still have the rear seatbelt. Are you using it with the jump seat?

I found the jump seat on eaby, that was about $75 3-4 years ago. Its from a Discovery series 1. the brackets were 13$ and 15$ from a LR dealership. then like 15 bucks for a bunch of good bolts and washers and nuts to get everything working.

the seatbelt will "work" once i mount the buckle; i have a few mounting options that I am thinking about.

the big box is my way-to-big sub. I placed my amp in the rear right passenger foot well.

TJ Sahara
    5 speed
    4" R/C lift
    35X12.5 BFG A/T
    Detroit in the back
    Grande 35 kit