Thread: Mechanic cost?

Default Mechanic cost?

Because this is my first time getting a vehicle lifted, and because I do not want to get ripped off...

What is a normal cost to pay a mechanic to install my 2" RC lift, and front and rear shocks?

I've searched the forums and all I could find was where someone payed $225 to have a 2.5" lift installed with an alignment.

I just want to know a fair price range I should be looking for.

Many thanks in advance!

Registered

That price doesnt seem to bad to me...but imo you could just save the money and spend the weekend doing it yourself.
    2007 Wk 4x4 | Ome Hd 3" Lift | 265/70/17 Bfg At | 1.25" Wheel Spacers | Front recovery shackles | Aries Tail light Guards | PIAA 510's in stock fog location | 1001z Cb | Rear recovery hook | Rola Rack | 2 Hella 500ff's mounted behind grill | Soon to come: 4xguard matrix, skids, and rock rails...

Quote Originally Posted by jeff05wk View Post
    Because this is my first time getting a vehicle lifted, and because I do not want to get ripped off...

What is a normal cost to pay a mechanic to install my 2" RC lift, and front and rear shocks?

I've searched the forums and all I could find was where someone payed $225 to have a 2.5" lift installed with an alignment.

I just want to know a fair price range I should be looking for.

Many thanks in advance!

$225 for 3-4 hours labor is a good price!
    2006 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Nitto Tera-Grappler tires 265-70-17. Pro Comp Extreme 9's 17X8. Magnaflow muffler. SRT rear sway-bar. HID ballast and bulbs conversion for low beam, Nokya 9145 Arctic Hyper Yellow Head Fog light bulb S1, a Superchips Flashpaq Tuner. Bwoody swaybar links Bilstein shocks all around. Airaid intake. OEM kicker amp, speakers and 10" sub. Mobil One gear oil in both diffs, Chrysler NV-245 in transfer case, Synthetic motor oil since 1500 miles on the odometer

put mine in in the D/W in 2 hrs. complete back on ground. But that seems like a fair price for a shop to do it.
    07 Sahara with a few mods.

Quote Originally Posted by stanton3 View Post
    That price doesnt seem to bad to me...but imo you could just save the money and spend the weekend doing it yourself.
    I don't have the tools to do it myself.

I paid around $400 including the alignment.
    Traded it in on a sedan, after 25 years of Jeeps: 2007 Grand Cherokee Laredo, Rocky Mountain Edition, Bright Silver, 4.7L V-8, QT II, Sirius satellite radio, factory hitch and tow hooks, Mopar rock rails, Mopar skid plates, Rusty's 2-inch BB, cabin air filtration, front window tint, Firestone Destination AT tires 255/70/R17, 4xGuard skids--front, rear, and belly, T-Max portable air, BDS rear diff guard, Old Man Emu rear shocks.

Also paid 400.00, but that was due to a difficult install. Broken bolts, etc.
    Kevin & Sheryl
    2005 WK, LT245/75/17 A/Ts, 2 1/4 RR Lift

www.lovin-our-life.blogspot.com

www.expeditionportal.com/
    www.militaryjeepers.com

I paid $300 for install and aligment.. sounds like you have a good deal.

Lee- 2006 5.7L HEMI QDII - Dark Khaki - 94K miles

| Superchips Flashpaq | OME 3" HD | 265/70/17 BFG A/T KO | 1.25" Wheel Spacers | AEM Brute Force CAI | Gibson Cat-back Exhaust | 4xGuard Matrix | Rola Rack | Pioneer Touchscreen w/ GPS | 20% Tint | 35% Windshield Tint | ValentineOne Radar

Stainless Brushguard For Sale **NEW PRICE**

I'm getting my lift and shocks installed for $250. Then going elsewhere for the alignment.

Thanks everyone! Good to know I'm not getting ripped off.