Thread: Powertrax No slip Locker problems!

Default Powertrax No slip Locker problems!

Anybody have one of these installed in their rear axle D35 or D44? Been trying to contact Richmond Gear the manu. on this product, but seems to not call or follow up. CS is crap IMO! Anyways, mine is poping out then it will respool while going stright down the road during acceleration, It functions fine in turns and offroad; but when I'm driving on the street and stright it will pop and respool sometimes. Now! the info! Last december 2009 I installed new axle shafts etc.. (stronger ones) and during re assemblly I noticed that one of the inner synchro rings was a little loose compaired to the other side. It's held in with a snap retainment ring. Before the install you have to line up this ring oppasite of the paddle teeth, real easy! pic attached for the ones that don't know what I'm talking about, so thats why I need someone that has installed one or knows this locker. My tires are aired equal too!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Are you calling Richmond or just emailing them? Emails are easily ignored, calls not so much.
    See the Geezer Jeep http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm
    Getting Savvy...
    Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
    Are you calling Richmond or just emailing them? Emails are easily ignored, calls not so much.
    Both!

Registered

i know it sounds stupid but have u checked your tire pressure on both wheels?

It's really strange that you are having a problem with their cust svc/tech line. We are a stocking supplier for Richmond gear and they have always been top notch.
    2005 Rubi LJ 35's 5.5 Clayton
    lots of extras

2000 wrangler 35" Goodyears Rock-trac super 88 hp30 4.88Terminator trans 5.5" RE/Clayton lots of xtras. RIP
    2000 WJ 4.0 addco upcountry springs bilsteins
    2001 H-D Duece Black and Chrome (For Sale)
    1997 YZF1000 200mph Superbike (RIP)

Oh Great! Now What? Hyper Buzzin''s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wrangler88 View Post
    i know it sounds stupid but have u checked your tire pressure on both wheels?
    He answered before ya even asked.

Quote Originally Posted by JWebber View Post
    My tires are aired equal too!
    Hyper... ... or, just call me Tim
    '04 Jeep TJ Unlimited '06 Jeep KJ Liberty Sport (her's)
    '01 Kawasaki KLX 300R '99 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
    -llllll- Ride Hard, But Don't Have A Hard Ride!! -llllll-

Quote Originally Posted by williambmac View Post
    It's really strange that you are having a problem with their cust svc/tech line. We are a stocking supplier for Richmond gear and they have always been top notch.
    Yes it seems, I even called them months ago, Kind of gave up, but nows it's back on the table for me. I having a stronge feeling that this synchro is not suppose to be loose inside the paddle. I guess I'll wait and see what happens. I also can't seem to find any kind of warrenty thru them. Or do they??

Ok! I got contacted by Richmond Gear, they were very helpful and answered all question fully. So here are my choices; Pull out complete locker and return to Richmond for inspection and warrenty replacement etc.. Bad ordeal for me this is my DD, even told the guy this... he understood. Second choice is to take my receipt and go to 4 wheel parts store, here were I live and see if they can cover me on the part and order it from richmond gear. I can just get the coupler and syncro on one side.. don't really need complete assembly. The part number he gave me for part is #5201061CIU for this part. Richmond covers the power-trax locker for two years. This December will be two years. Richmond Gear also said this is not normal.

So what do you guys think my chances are for 4 wheel parts to pull thru to help me? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by JWebber View Post
    So what do you guys think my chances are for 4 wheel parts to pull thru to help me? LOL!
    From a counter sales guy at 4WP, slim and none. From the 4WP store manager, possibly.
    Last edited by Jerry Bransford; 09-16-2010 at 04:25 PM.
    See the Geezer Jeep http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm
    Getting Savvy...
    Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
    From a counter sales guy at 4WP, slim and none. From the 4WD store manager, possibly.
    Yep your right Jerry! I have better luck with lotto winning ticket. I called them and yea they only cover the part for 30 days. So I gave them the part number, and they are going to call me with price and order time line. I have a gut feeling that they are not going to call from this store. Well this sucks! The thing I cannot figure out is; I have not even abused this locker at all, just towing and wild trail rides.

Thanks for everyones Input.