Thread: '79 Cherokee Cheif

Default '79 Cherokee Cheif

It pains me to do so, but I gotta sell my old Jeep Cherokee to finance stuff for my new Jeep and other stupid stuff like feeding my kids and paying my bills.
    It's a 1979 Cherokee Chief with the wide track D44 axles. It has the AMC 360 (relatively fresh rebuild, about 30k on it), T-400 trans, BW1339 t-case(aka Quadra-Trac full time 4wd). It has an Edelbrock Performer intake, Edelbrock 600cfm 4 bbl carb, Mallory Hy-Fire II ignition box with the big yellow hi-voltage Accel coil, upgraded dist with the larger base and cap. Hedman Hedders into dual Thrush Cherry Bombs. I put in a B&M Megashifter to complement the manual/automatic valve body mod. It has a Grant dual plane steering wheel and leather seats from a mid 90's Saab 900 turbo (driver's side is showing some wear). It has a 4'x6' roof rack built by Deluxx with a Hi-Lift mount and a place to mount a shovel and 5 tabs welded on for antennae, lights, whatever (3 on the front, 2 on the rear). It has a custom pipe front bumper that works great as a recovery point or pushing large boulders out of your way. It comes with the stock wagon wheel rims with 33"x9.5"x15" tires and a set of aftermarket chrome and black rims with 31" tires and an auxiliary fuel tank that mounts in the spare tire location under the rear.

It has some electrical gremlins and needs new front shocks ( I have some for it, not new ), it also has a recent smog, it passes with no problem.
    It needs some TLC but it runs like a bat out of hell. It will do about 115 max on the hi-way and I have raced dirtbikes out in Hungry Valley at 80+ with it and beat them. It is definitely a beast.

I'll open with a request for $2000, but I am willing to negotiate.

I am the second owner of this rig and the original owners were friends of mine.

775-530-4983

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by KE7DZZ; 09-14-2010 at 08:10 PM.
    '64 Jeep Gladiator
    '79 Jeep Cherokee Chief
    '89 Jeep Cherokee Limited
    '94 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

...and those are just the ones that run, I have more.