Thread: 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo - Hard Start

Default 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo - Hard Start

Every time I go to start my Jeep I have to wait for the check engine light to come on before it will fire up. Sometimes this takes 30- 40 minutes. As the check engine light comes on you can hear what im guessing is the fuel pump kicking in. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, I love my Jeep and would like to fix it! Thank you!

My girlfriend just sold her 94 laredo. Why do you have to wait for the light to come on, i remember not having to wait for the light to come on to start it. just jump in and start it. How does it start after the light comes on? The fuel pump should only run for 3-5 seconds, 10 at the most i would say or something could be wrong with it. How many miles and what motor is in it? I did replace the Fuel pump on her 5.2L at like 145k miles. hope this helps
    Girl friends New Whip Khaiki 2005 GC 3.7L Stock for now245/75/17 bridgestone dueler a/t, black factory wheels, 20% tinted front windows, 6000k HID lows and silverstar ultra fogs.

My Truck Black 2006 GMC Sierra Ext cab, 6.6L Duramax Diesel with a few go fast parts. SRT8 Smoker

Registered

i think it might be a computer problem. I think that as part of the startup, that the computer has to operate correctly, and illuminate the light. Like you said. it won't start until that happens. I think it is an engine computer problem.