Thread: Rusted gas tank shield

Default Rusted gas tank shield

The gas tank shield on my '99 WJ is pretty rusted out. I did online searches but couldn't find a retailer that sells one, so I'm going to start searching around junkyards. Can anyone direct me to a retailer that sells the shield? I'm hoping I can find one at a junkyard, but in case I don't, I want to just buy a new one. I want to have this thing on before it starts getting cold.

Thanks.

99 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7

Registered

Icon922

Try this link:

https://www.moparliquidators.com/oem...FR7X5wodviUS3w

The parts manual for a 2002 JGC says the part number for the skid plate is 52100 376AD (with Sales Code XEE, which you should be able to find on your factory build sheet if you have it and that's what was originally installed on the Jeep). For whatever reason a part number search on the linked website does not bring up the part.

You also might want to get the bolts (6101 102, seven of them, size M12 x 1.75 x 45), a can or two of PB Blaster and a wire brush.

These guys have it too under fuel system, fuel system components, skid plate. I've used moparpartsamerica but not the other guys (yet). The web pages look a lot alike. Maybe the same place using different names?

http://www.moparpartsamerica.com/par...17&model=Grand Cherokee&year=1999&graphicID=WA99555&callout=5&cat alogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

Good luck.
    Last edited by newpiper; 09-07-2010 at 11:42 AM. Reason: cuz
    '03 JGC Laredo 4.0/242TC 185,000 mi. Box Stock (Now Mine!)
    '02 JGC Laredo 4.0/242 39,000 mi. 4" lift, enough lights to see it from Jupiter and other goodies (The Boy's now gone)
    '04 JGC Laredo 4.0/242TC 83,000 mi. Box Stock (Now the Wife's)

Perfect!!!!

Just what I was looking for. Thanks!!!