Thread: What does it mean on a muffler that has arrows pointing both ways?

Registered

Default What does it mean on a muffler that has arrows pointing both ways?

I have been trying to figure out when installing a muffler what the arrows and A & B are for. The arrows point both forward and back. I have read that it is a multi direction muffler so it can be installed either direction right???

I also read that if you do it one way versus the other it will be slightly louder.

So which is it???

Banned

Yes its a multi directional muffler so it can be installed either direction and no it wont be slightly louder one way versus the other.

One of the inlet/outlet stubs is probably centered while the other is off-set. The new muffler should be installed so that the inlet and outlet duplicate those of the original muffler. More often than not, I believe that the inlet is centered while the outlet is off-set. If the muffler has a moisture drain hole, the hole will be on the bottom and at the rear when properly installed. Then, you can forget about the A and B.
    2001 WJ Limited, 4.7L, Quadra-Drive -- Kenne Bell Supercharger, Stillen Rotors with MM pads (F/R), Addcos (F/R), Kolak 3 inch exhaust with large case MagnaFlow, Rogue Chrome wheels, DRL activated, and Blaupunkt 3.5" dash speakers.