Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Factory Block Heater

That is exactly what I have done, got an outdoor timer and set it for an hour before I leave. Works like a charm. We will have to see what happens when we get below zero... that won't be long now!
    Thanks everyone for your input.
    94 ZJ Laredo []IIIIIII[] Bone stock My First Jeep
    99 TJ Sahara O||||||O 2" BB, Quick Discos, Custom Fogs, Panasonic 310UB iPod deck, dual amps, 12" sub, custom sound bar.
    02 WJ Limited []IIIIIII[] 2" RR BB, Motomaster Total Terrain AT's 245/65 R17's, Pioneer USB P5100 series deck, dual amps, 12"sub, GE Bright White 9005's in fogs HIR Bulbs in Headlights, converted LED interior and licence plate lights. Replaced the hood struts and the drivers side blend door actuator. Heater Treater blend door fix (doors not broken :$ ). New front rotors / pads and calipers, new rims Winter of 2011. New Sensa-Trac shocks Feb 2011. New rear rotors, pads and calipers March 2011. Sold to Father In Law May 2011
    2008 Ford Edge Limited AWD []==O==[]

Registered

Quote Originally Posted by JForestZ34 View Post
    I don't have one on my jeep but I had one on a car I used to own... Find yourself a heavy duty outdoor timer, something for landscaping light or something... Plug in your extension cord and plug it into your jeep.. Set the timer for 3-4 hrs before your going to leave for work or whatever.. That way it's not on all night and in that amount of time the engine will be as warm as it's gonna get... Save's on the electric bill too..

James
    Now that you mention it, at times I used a timer. Depending on how cold it was.
    ----------------------------
    2004 Grand Cherokee Limited
    ----------------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2