Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: ARB Bumper> Need front suspension solution

  1. #1

    Icon911 ARB Bumper> Need front suspension solution

    I have an 2005 5.7L with a 4" BDS. I've also got an ARB w/wench, 4xguard skids and rock rails waiting for me to put them on. Now my problem is I'm trying to figure out what I am going to do with my front suspension. Currently BDS lift runs with stock front springs and shocks setup. My front suspension is already worn and needs replaced anyways, but i know that the stock replacements will not be able to handle all the extra weight from the modifications. I am very limited to my options here. OME offers heavy duty springs but it is also going to lift my front end a little bit, or so I hear. Im not exactly sure how much it would raise with all the weight but its a risk. I dont want to run into any issuses with my cv joints or driveshaft with an excesive lift height. Is any one running these springs with a 4" lift? King Springs makes a spring I hear also but is very similar to OME's. Or I might have to get custom springs which would be expensive. Anyways, I also need to figure out which shocks Im gonna need to go with whichever springs I get. I thought bilstein HD's, cuz they are a higher quality replacement stock spec shock, but would it work with OME springs? Or there is the OME full setup, but I hear they are longer than the bilsteins which raises some concern. I am in between a rock and a hard place. FML. Any thoughts?

  2. #2

    Default

    Ditch the BDS lift and replace with HD OME's.Custom coils are not that pricy,last time I priced some they where only about $10-$15 more expensive then coil like OME's,the only drag is they take so dang long to be made.

    http://www.coilsprings.com/
    I drive a Liberty,laugh now.

    Sitting on 35's,HP44,RockJock60,and 4:3 AtlasII

  3. #3

    Default

    King Springs' HD springs will work for you, but shipping is a bitch. It's possible that OME springs are made by King, as they are both Australian companies.

    I ordered 2 sets of King Springs (one normal, one HD) and sold the HD springs to Init4Fun who basically had your setup. Init4Fun loved the springs. Unfortunately Init4Fun hasn't been on this forum for a long time but you might want to send him a PM.

    (I haven't needed my King Springs yet.)
    '08 WK Limited 4.7L Gen2, QDII, MyGig, HID, Red Rock Crystal, Dark Khaki/Light Greystone.
    Mods: 4" Superlift, 33" Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor; 33" Spare in stock location; Custom high-clearance front winch bumper; Custom rear bumper protection; 4xGuard SideGuard HC, Front Guard HC, Belly Guard HC.

  4. #4
    Registered Billy Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The middle of a nature preserve
    Posts
    7,513

    Default

    You may be surprised to find that getting 'custom' springs may not be all that expensive.

    Any medium cized city will have at least one 'Spring Shop", check the yellow pages for "springs" or perhaps "truck springs"
    -br

    Helping one another is why we are all here on Jeeps-Unlimited, or should be.
    http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n171/Billy_Ray_2006/

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TRZ View Post
    King Springs' HD springs will work for you, but shipping is a bitch. It's possible that OME springs are made by King, as they are both Australian companies.

    I ordered 2 sets of King Springs (one normal, one HD) and sold the HD springs to Init4Fun who basically had your setup. Init4Fun loved the springs. Unfortunately Init4Fun hasn't been on this forum for a long time but you might want to send him a PM.

    (I haven't needed my King Springs yet.)
    I have noticed his setup and posts, but he didn't elaborate on the issue in detail or his experience with those springs. I will try to get a response through a PM. Thanks.

    Is there a significant difference in length between King and OME springs?

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkbuckeye View Post
    Is there a significant difference in length between King and OME springs?
    You'll have to look at the specs for both springs. If memory serves, King Springs are either 1/3 inch or 1 inch taller than stock*. King HD coils are made from thicker material than King normal coils.

    *At least 12 spring rates were used on WKs depending on equipment / engine selection. It's not clear which version of the WK (WH) King used for their stock benchmark - most likely either the Hemi or 3.0L CRD w/ 4WD.
    '08 WK Limited 4.7L Gen2, QDII, MyGig, HID, Red Rock Crystal, Dark Khaki/Light Greystone.
    Mods: 4" Superlift, 33" Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor; 33" Spare in stock location; Custom high-clearance front winch bumper; Custom rear bumper protection; 4xGuard SideGuard HC, Front Guard HC, Belly Guard HC.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TRZ View Post
    You'll have to look at the specs for both springs. If memory serves, King Springs are either 1/3 inch or 1 inch taller than stock*. King HD coils are made from thicker material than King normal coils.

    *At least 12 spring rates were used on WKs depending on equipment / engine selection. It's not clear which version of the WK (WH) King used for their stock benchmark - most likely either the Hemi or 3.0L CRD w/ 4WD.
    Yea I'm already looking into the specs of the springs. I think I am going to see about getting some HD customs made from a spring shop, with measurements off of my stock specs, so I don't have to risk ride height problems or take off my BDS, which is definitely not happening. I appreciate the insight. I'll get some pics posted as soon as I get her together.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Jeep Parts | Jeep Accessories | Trektop NX | Jeep Seat Covers | Jeep Wrangler | Jeep Wrangler Parts | Jeep Wrangler Accessories | Bestop | Jeep Tires | Jeep Stuff | Jeep Wrangler Tires | Jeep Wheels