Thread: Jeep Tub Trailer Build

Default Jeep Tub Trailer Build

Well started on my Jeep trailer today. I will take a few more pictures when I cut up the other one to fit it. Got side tracked on pictures. Here is what the first one looks like. Don't know where the bottom of the tubs will be cut until I cut the other one up. Should be a cool little project till my Unlimited comes in.

97 Tj 5.2 magnum, 4 speed auto, 9" HP axles, 4.56's, Detroit lockers, Atlas 4.3, 4.5 RE long arm, Hanson bumpers and sliders, Warn 9500Ti, 17" Bling Walker wheels, 37" Krawlers, Poly Performance full cage, Kilby skids, R&M hot water shower......... etc, etc, etc

Second tub under the knife, center punch to drill out the spot welds.

Spot welds cut and ready to be removed.

Center line jig for marking cut.

Cut line

Aluminum template to transfer cut line. Measured and used level to get line.

Cut apart

97 Tj 5.2 magnum, 4 speed auto, 9" HP axles, 4.56's, Detroit lockers, Atlas 4.3, 4.5 RE long arm, Hanson bumpers and sliders, Warn 9500Ti, 17" Bling Walker wheels, 37" Krawlers, Poly Performance full cage, Kilby skids, R&M hot water shower......... etc, etc, etc

I will post pics later of the floor cut and putting the two tubs together.

nice! eager to see your progress. take lots of pictures!!!
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

In for the updates!

Registered

I considered fabiing this way like they did on the TV show... but I chose to join mine a little differently by cutting farther forward with the back tub, and further back with the front tub.

After seeing your still shots I may have chosen the wrong way to do this.

I might have to go pick up 2 more tubs and build another one when I'm done.

Anyhow I should have mine back from the body guy in a few weeks... Sorry I dont have any good pics.

Aaron
    Color Coded!

Mine
    2005 LJ Rubi 4.0 6Spd, OBA, OME 2" "OSCAR"
    1996 XJ Sport 4.0 AX15 "FREE XJ" (FOR SALE)
    1987 MJ LWB 4.0 AW4 RC2" OXD30 "THE STOMPER"

1998 TJ TUB Trailer
    Her's
    2008 JK 4DR RUBI, 6Spd, OBA "WHITNEY"
    95Xj Plow Truck

Sold-Traded-or RIP
    90XJ "SNOWMOXJ" 95ZJ 95XJ 90YJ 78CJ7 "YJ7" 98XJ 99XJ 90XJ 96XJ 00XJ 94YJ 99XJ 96XJ 94YJ 90YJ 82CJ800XJ95XJ05TJ"RUBICLONE"86CJ789MJ95 XJ"BIG XJ"

Cutting the floor.

Cutting the second floor.

Center support will be left.

Spot welds cut.

And final cut. Had to leave the middle like that so the lines on the tub would be uniform.

Second tub cut and ready to be fit.

Fitted together, Fits like a glove.

Side view.

Flare just test fitted to see what it will look like. Some trimming will be needed on the flare.

37s will be the tire of choice I think. Maybe 35s, we will see. Trailer will be taller so it will have more clearance between the tire and tub.

Quote Originally Posted by amswor View Post
    I considered fabiing this way like they did on the TV show... but I chose to join mine a little differently by cutting farther forward with the back tub, and further back with the front tub.

After seeing your still shots I may have chosen the wrong way to do this.

I might have to go pick up 2 more tubs and build another one when I'm done.

Anyhow I should have mine back from the body guy in a few weeks... Sorry I dont have any good pics.

Aaron
    Post up some pics when you get it back. This came together really well. Curious to see how yours turned out.

cool............
    03 Rubicon with stuff
    04 Dodge CTD with stuff

Any updates on this?
    04 Unlimited/Auto/ 4.5"/J-arms/Triangulated Rear UCA's/35x12.50 BFG KM's/HP D44 Front/Detroit Electrac's Front & Rear/4.88's/KluneV=2.7:1,4:1 & 10.8:1 LO :rockz:

Quote Originally Posted by roughranger View Post
    Any updates on this?
    Not much of a update as I am more focused on the Jeep build right now. :grinpimp:

I did get it welded together and all the holes filled, just need to be ground down.

Looks like it will turn out nice.
    05 with a huge selection of junk I installed on it.

So you're the one going around stealing license plates.

Tub looks good. I've got ADD too bad to cut lines as straight as you.
    Toy: 01 TJ 4.0L, Auto, Currie HP 9 w/ detroit, 4.56's, 36" TSL radials, RE 3.5 SF, Fenders cut to chit, RE Hack n Tap w/ a Woody