Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WJ HID Retrofit

Registered

This thread is all kinds of awesome.

Hey, ///BHR, sorry I forgot. The display is NOT backlit. The number (1-5) is actually lit. Sort of like the old time 'digital' radio clocks.

I'll have lots more pictures tonight.

Cooking those lights in the oven really didn't bother my wife. :p
    2004 WJ Charcoal Limited 4.7L H.O., QuadraDrive, Goodyear Wrangler w/Silent Armor Tires
    Raybestos Advanced technology rotors w/ ThermoQuiet pads
    v3 headlights w/HIDs

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MrBaz View Post
    Cooking those lights in the oven really didn't bother my wife. :p
    Oh sure there cool with it now, just wait until you have a fight about how it made a mess and how you should spend more time with her then your toys.

I learned to use aluminum foil not out of need, just to cut down on the b******

Registered

Quote Originally Posted by ///BHRpowered View Post
    Oh sure there cool with it now, just wait until you have a fight about how it made a mess and how you should spend more time with her then your toys.

I learned to use aluminum foil not out of need, just to cut down on the b******

In my defense; I had those planks of wood underneath.
    2004 WJ Charcoal Limited 4.7L H.O., QuadraDrive, Goodyear Wrangler w/Silent Armor Tires
    v3 headlights w/HIDs

Banned

In my defense; I had those planks of wood underneath.
    Uh huh, so what your saying is you've never had to argue against a woman's logic "I'm right, your wrong, and the muffin shop is closed until futher notice"

Registered

Uh huh, so what your saying is you've never had to argue against a woman's logic "I'm right, your wrong, and the muffin shop is closed until futher notice"
    Good point.

I'm updating with more pictures as we speak.
    v3 headlights w/HIDs

waiting patiently

Registered

Quote Originally Posted by GoCougs View Post
    waiting patiently
    Some more pictures are up. (Remember I'm posting the updates in the first couple posts I reserved when I started this thread, that way you wouldn't have to scroll all the way down the page to see updates.)

I'll try and get some good beam shots tomorrow after I align them.
    v3 headlights w/HIDs

Damn, I really like the look of the chrome lights. I was thinking about getting the black ones due to mine being a laredo, but I really like the look of the chrome with your jeep (which is basically the limited version of mine). Could you pm me with a price list. You interested in doing one for a fellow member?

Registered

Quote Originally Posted by GoCougs View Post
    Damn, I really like the look of the chrome lights. I was thinking about getting the black ones due to mine being a laredo, but I really like the look of the chrome with your jeep (which is basically the limited version of mine). Could you pm me with a price list. You interested in doing one for a fellow member?
    Now that I have everything down pat, it really isn't very hard. That being said, I'm way too busy to be able to do these for others (two kids and the military keep me busy).
    v3 headlights w/HIDs

Registered

[Space reserved just in case]
    U must forgive me for my ignorance LOL....That is nice work. I've been fussin with my retro fit for a month now.......but I am still interested in those old projectors lol. I have a set in my WK that came from my old set of V3's. I need some more.

Reynolds sounds like a man on a mission.....he should tell us the town he's in so we can keep on drivin' by come inspection time.

Now that I have everything down pat, it really isn't very hard. That being said, I'm way too busy to be able to do these for others (two kids and the military keep me busy).
    Ok, thank you anyways. I'm going to have to follow the links you posted so I can get some price quotes to get an idea of how expensive this is to do

Registered

Sorry about the delay. Apparently I goofed up. Only one of my projectors came with the shield guide plate, so I threw it out haphazardly. I had seen someone else do the same, but I don't think he knew what was going on either.

Anyway, Matt is going to ship me out two more plates. This should fix my solenoid triggering problem.

I have a Calculus Exam on Monday, and I have a CPR class I have to teach tomorrow. Please, bare with me on the updates.
    v3 headlights w/HIDs

Banned

calculus....are you trying to piss me off, I hated that class so much, cost me an extra semestor of college, and horrible teachers didn't help.

I'm still pissed at teachers who said one day you might need it. I haven't even used basic algebra in the real world. And ironically I think I could still do most algebra.

anyway what problem are you having with the solonoids? you shouldn't have to do anything but connect them into the highbeam +/- disconnect the wire yellow on top, it serves no purpose unless your using the leveling motors, both wires are red. I think the one of the right is the ground (but it shouldn't matter)

Haha yea i had a Calc II midterm on Monday... What a PITA. lol
    Stock '02 Limited 4.7, Nav, 35% front tint

Looks good, JB weld is your friend

One tip I would offer though, when resealing the lenses do NOT add extra sealant, everything that came from the factory is there, and adding extra usually doesn't go over well, simply reheat the parts (oven or heat gun) then compress back together.
    so your saying no need to use extra silicon to reseal the lights? I ask this because lots of ebay headlights i've had in the past tend to build condensation up a lot...

Registered

Quote Originally Posted by Reynolds View Post
    THats WHY its an option . IN the next year or two the DOT will have a ban on them.
    For now do what you want it is getting late and I am not going to keep this up
    I Hate HIDs have tested them and they have FAILED in the ran. And I will fail them for state inspection every time and when they blind me at night I WILL just leave my high beams on ( HIRs highs are really bright)
    I have had my say and that is it for to night
    Is the DOT also going to ban

Audi
    BMW
    Bentley
    Mercedes
    Porsche
    Ford
    Chevrolet
    Porsche
    Mazda
    Land Rover
    Rolls Royce
    Ferrari
    Lamborghini
    Volvo
    Acura
    Dodge
    Chrysler
    Mitsubishi
    Subaru
    Lotus
    Volkswagen

No they are not. Sorry to burst your bubble but HID's will outperform standard halogens and even HIR's. And yes HIR is a different bulb technology, but they are also a higher wattage bulb. Which in most states(If you read the DMV code) are outside of the wattage boundaries for car headlight bulbs. So If I brought my SVT focus into you with HID projectors in it you would fail it?
    It takes a special kind of stupid to do what I do!

Registered

Also, if you want to blind someone when you think their HID's are to bright. Watch and see what happens when someone with Bi-xenon HID projectors and halogen high beams lights you up right back. It's people like you that are the real problem.
    It takes a special kind of stupid to do what I do!

Banned

Actually HIR's are not higher wattage, 60/70w at most.

Extra sealant itself can cause problems from the moisture in it, When seperating the lenses you shouldn't be removing any sealant, just heat it back up and use what was supplied - with aftermarket lenses you might add a very tiny bead, but not much

Only thing I'm suggesting is for the marker bulbs, you should consider putting in LED's, or the "chrome" bulbs that are amber when they light up. Looks good though regardless of what you do.
    2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L V-8
    2" Rustys Offroad BB, 265/70/17 BFG AT's

Registered

any pics of them at night? maybe shining down a street or something?
    99 Grand Cherokee Laredo, 4.slow, 4wd, tow package

2.5" pipes, Magnaflow Large Case Muffler, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2" BB, 17" Rubicon wheels,General Grabber AT2 255/70R17, V3 Projectors retrofitted with FX-R HID Projectors and 4300k HID

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast