Thread: will Dodge/Ford rims fit my Jeep?

Default will Dodge/Ford rims fit my Jeep?

what kind of stock rims will fit my 1971 CJ5? i know I have 5x5.5 lug pattern. will stock new and old Dodge rims fit? will older Ford rims fit? just as long as the hub clears the center (i learned that one already). thanks in advance.
    1971 CJ5. 225 Dauntless V-6.

Registered

I have my stock 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 17" wheels on my 78 CJ-5. Had a machine shop bore out the centers to 4 1/4" for $20 a wheel...http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoVie...vfolderid=2008

Quote Originally Posted by Tumblindyce View Post
    I have my stock 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 17" wheels on my 78 CJ-5. Had a machine shop bore out the centers to 4 1/4" for $20 a wheel...http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoVie...vfolderid=2008
    Tumblindyce-That URL isn't working.

A friend gave me 4 rims the same size as the ones on my jeep and they were on a 78 ford truck. The chrome is almost gone, but they measure the same.
    79 CJ5
    258, 2barrel BBD, 2.5" lift, 31 x 10.5's, T18a w/Dana 20,
    30 front, AMC 20 rear.....
    cigarette lighter that doesn't work.

Registered

As noted above, the centers of the newer Dodge wheels are smaller and will not fit over the front hubs. I tried the ones that were on the 2001 Ram I had onto the CJ, rears fit fine. Fronts were not even close due to the center hole.

84 CJ

5.7 tbi, sm465, d-300, M20, D30.

Registered

Not sure why the photo won't show...I did a search on "how to post photos" and seem to have done everything right--copy link from Kodak Gallery, insert it between bracketed IMG's using "insert image" icon and it still won't show...anyway, the Dodge rims will work. I had all 4 wheels bored to 4 1/4 so that I can rotate the tires (the spare too). The only problem with this is that the backspacing on the Dodge rims is a lot different than Jeep rims. In backspacing terms, I'm not sure if it's "more" or "less", but if you were to hold a straightedge on the backside of the Dodge rim, the wheel mounting surface is several inches in toward the center of the rim. To correct this, I used 2" billet aluminum wheel spacers (which may open up a whole new can of worms :ahhh: ) Just beware, if you're considering doing this, that your rear tires will be uncomfortably close to the leaf springs and you will rub some of the steering linkage in the front--so if you have problems with wheel spacers, don't use the Dodge rims...not sure about the backspacing on the Ford rims.

I opened an account real quick at Kodak to see if it would work.
    I right clicked on the photo and clicked "copy image location" then pasted it in the image link above.

Image is too small. I clicked on "larger image", then did the same as above (right click and copy image location)-

The largest image I get is 448px × 336px.
    Which is ok for most postings.

You can keep larger resolutions at "Photobucket".
    79 CJ5

I'd love to see how those rims look

Yeah I'd like to see these Dodge wheels on a CJ. Does anyone have a link that works?
    Kevin
    '84 CJ-7 Renegade- 258 GM TBI with spark control and HEI, t-5, d300, d30 w/aussie locker, amc20 w/ trac loc, 33" Swamper SSR's, 2.5" BDS, 1" BL, MORE shackles, Superwinch hubs, Superior shafts, tie-rod flip, Taurus Fan, YJ brake booster, Full cage, A to Z rocker guards, A to Z rear cage, lots of other stuff...
    '05 Tahoe LS 5.3 flex fuel, Z55, Cooper AT3's, K&N fipk, G80 locker, HD Hood, z71 fogs daily, driver/kid hauler
    Sold: 98 TJ, 96 ZJ, 00 WJ, 02 WJ
    My Junkyard TBI writeup: http://www.viciouscustoms.com/TBI/junkyardtbi.asp.htm

Registered

One last try...it works when I click on it in "preview post"

http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoVie...03&folderid=0&

sadly, I don't see it

It should look like this=

http://images.kodakgallery.com/photo...88814_0_SM.jpg

Are you sure your right clicking on the image and then clicking "copy image location"?

Your missing part of the URL. = http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoVie...03&folderid=0&, should have photo location and name and file (jpg).

Go to- "view and edit photo's" (at Kodak) and do the right click there.
    79 CJ5

Registered

OK, I'll try that PapaJ....but before I do, I forgot to mention that these are the stock "STEEL" wheels from my Dodge, not the aluminum spoked wheels...rix71cj's anticipation level is so high to see these, I'm afraid he'll be let down like the scene in Christmas Story when Ralphie finally decodes his Little Orphan Annie message...

Registered

I give up...there is no "copy image location"--only "copy" and "copy shortcut"...I even moved the images to Photobucket and tried to import them from there, but preview post shows the dreaded red x...I'm thinking that right now would be a really good time to go and beat those rusted parts off the Jeep with a big sledge:furious:

Here are the Dodge wheels Im using. Had to make the center hole larger but the offset was good.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered

Registered

Quote Originally Posted by Tumblindyce View Post
    I see your speechless.

Goto "Tools" then "Internet options" click on "advanced" tab and look for "Multimedia" be sure you got "Show Pictures" with a check in the box.

You may not have enough RAM to display pics.

Not enough Internet Cache space reserved to hold the pictures. Reset the size so the entire page fits in the cache.

Security settings on your browser. If the security is too strict, photos won't download.

Browser set to text-only mode.

Clear temporary Internet files.

Better yet go here= http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283807
    79 CJ5

Registered

Here are Tumblindyce' pics.

84 CJ

5.7 tbi, sm465, d-300, M20, D30.

nice. very different. doubt my 33/12.5/15 would work, but i like the look of something different