Thread: Remove seat cover?

Default Remove seat cover?

Does anyone know how to remove the seat cover (just the seat portion, not the back) on an '05 WK Limited? I have something starting to protrude through the leather on the bolster of my driver's seat. It feels like a wire (heated seats maybe?) and I think I could re-route it or tuck it in somewhere if I could get the seat cover off. Thanks in advance!

Is this on the side by the door? I have had the same issue for quite a while as well.
    2011 JKU Rubicon: Deep Cherry Red Pearl, Auto, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik CB antenna, K&N air filter

2005 WK Limited: **SOLD** Silver, Hemi, QuadraDrive II, 2" BDS lift, 245/70/17 BFGoodrich AT, 4XGuard Belly Guard / Side Guards, Commander shock upgrade, rear cargo LED light upgrade, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik CB antenna, Yakima loadwarrior cargo rack, Laredo painted grill, Airaid intake tube and K&N air filter, replacement Magnaflow universal cat converter (didn't work), Arizona pinstriping (trail scratches).

Yep, on the side bolster by the door. I can feel the wire through the leather and there is a larger bump presumably where an electrical connector is. I don't know if it will come through the seat cover, but I'd like to fix it before it does. I've found plenty of sources for seat cover removal for a WJ (mainly for repair of heated seats), but nothing for a WK.

I haven't removed one of the wife's, but they should be the same as most seats--hog clips on the underside of the seat used to hold the cover to the frame. Remove the seat (I know, not all that simple!) and flip it over to get a good look at the bottom. You can buy new hog rings and hog ring pliers from places like J.C. Whitney.

2005 Rubicon Unlimited
    Any day you get it into 4Lo is a great day!

I have this same question. The padding under the left side of my driver's seat is folding under. This occurred from getting in and out of the car a bunch.

I would like to remove the seat cushion so I can then figure out how to get the leather cover off to straighten out the padding.

Does anyone know how to remove the seat cushion from the driver's seat in a 2005 WK? Does the entire seat have to be removed first? I was hoping that I would not have to take out the seat.

If I have to take out the seat, I'm assuming it is smart to first disconnect the battery in case any airbag controls are under the seat?

Thanks ahead for anyones assistance.

Same issue on my 2005 cloth seats- the left side padding has a oval indentation now and the same on the seat back from exit/entry. Havent investigated how to get under it and see how I can repair it.

Quote Originally Posted by epounds View Post
    I have this same question. The padding under the left side of my driver's seat is folding under. This occurred from getting in and out of the car a bunch.

I would like to remove the seat cushion so I can then figure out how to get the leather cover off to straighten out the padding.

Does anyone know how to remove the seat cushion from the driver's seat in a 2005 WK? Does the entire seat have to be removed first? I was hoping that I would not have to take out the seat.

If I have to take out the seat, I'm assuming it is smart to first disconnect the battery in case any airbag controls are under the seat?

Thanks ahead for anyones assistance.
    2005 Deep Beryl Green WK, 4.7L/QT2, AFE Stage-II w/Pre-filter, Tow Pkg, 265/70-17 BFG AT KO, Cobra 38WX/36" Wilson Ant, JVC SAT/USB Audio, 50k miles
    1998 Spruce Green Cherokee Sport 2-Dr, 4.0L Auto, 265/70-15 studded General AT2s, Rock Rails, skids - SOLD

I watched an upholstery shop remove the seat cover on my WK, and it really isnt that difficult, especially for the bottom. Pull the seat out and there are clips if I recall correctly. remove them and then wiggle the cover off. You might also check the integrity of the backing foam on the side bolsters while you have it off. Especially on the drivers side, the foam tends to wear away underneath and make the vinyl wrinkle.

2005 3.7L V6
    K&N CAI
    2.25" RR Lift Kit
    255/70/R17 Firestone Destination A/T's
    4xGuard Front Guard II
    Midland CB W/ PA horn
    Limited Wheels
    MYGIG retrofit

dustb0wl, thanks for the tip. Do you know if the battery should be disconnected before removing the seat?

Quote Originally Posted by epounds View Post
    dustb0wl, thanks for the tip. Do you know if the battery should be disconnected before removing the seat?
    I would as a precaution, but there is no weight sensor on the drivers side so you probably dont HAVE too. I usually disconnect the battery when I am working on the car though, as a general rule of thumb.

PS: if my memory serves me correctly, the yellow clips are the ones you need to remove, and the green clips secure the under seat wiring ( I could be wrong, but that's what I remember). Plus, don't forget about the wiring going from the car to the seat and the seat belt bolt. .

2005 3.7L V6
    K&N CAI
    2.25" RR Lift Kit
    255/70/R17 Firestone Destination A/T's
    4xGuard Front Guard II
    Midland CB W/ PA horn
    Limited Wheels
    MYGIG retrofit