Thread: Burning NAV disc for RB1

Registered

Default Burning NAV disc for RB1

Hopefully this isnt against the rules, but i posted this in the audio forum and figured alot of you guys probably wouldn't see it there:

Just thought i'd let you guys know I just burned the AF .iso i downloaded and it works perfectly in the RB1. I couldn't believe it. It seems like the new firmware allows it to finally read a burned nav dvd. As soon as i put the disc in, it popped up with a "read error - please eject disc". I figured oh well, and hit the eject button, but it wouldnt eject. A few seconds later the screen went black and the firmware update started. Then it rebooted, and i could hear it reading the disc. I was waiting for another read error to pop up, but it never did. I went to nav, did a quick POI search and selected one of the results. It calculated the route as expected. So for anyone that has tried previously without success, you should try the new AF disc.

Josh
    '08 A4 2.0T Quattro MT6 S-Line Titanium
    ------

This is really good news for me.
    I recently upgraded from my AC disc because the disc failed. I figure over time in the heat on the unit, and the Jeep. Lasted just under 3 years.
    A friend of mine has a burner that will be able to burn what I am assuming is dual layer format. I am planning on using the burned, and let the original stay safe in my house. Burn another when my back up fails.
    99 WJ LTD V8 QD, modified to Up Country, RB1/Sirius, Mopar rock rails.

Banned

It seems to vary from version to version, I know I was able to burn a backup of my AD disc, but AE just plain failed. I haven't yet tried the AE, do you have the method and software they used?

Registered

I just burned the ISO using my basic version of Nero 7 essentials, and a Memorex DVD+RW DL 2.4x. I didn't change any settings or anything, just went to "Burn image to disc" and hit next.
    '08 A4 2.0T Quattro MT6 S-Line Titanium
    ------

Well I had no luck tonight with it.. Now I have no NAV
    99 WJ 4.0L Stillen Brakes, Revos, Bilsteins, Upcountry Springs, BMW E46 Bixenons projectors, FIPK, Addco's, RB1 with Ipod integration, custom 2.5" exhaust, Superchips, soon to come bored TB and quad tail light mod...

I tried using 2.4X Verbatim DL that I bought a year or so ago.. with Imgburn on a Samsung burner...

Did not work for me...

I tried it again. I used the same media (Verbatim DVD-R DL) but this time, I used my Pioneer DVR-K05 (USB enclosure attached to my X61s) to burn the disc... and I'm happy to report that it worked for me too!!

I have two RB1's, but I've only tried it on one unit so far... The other is installed in my SRT-4, which has been in the body shop for the past month. I'll get to that one this weekend...

Now.. we need to get the in-motion hack for the RB1 figured out...

Registered

Quote Originally Posted by ken830 View Post
    Now.. we need to get the in-motion hack for the RB1 figured out...
    http://www.carhack.org/forum/index.php?topic=81.0
    05 WK Limited, Superlift, 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T, HEMI, Off-Road pkg, Airaid Intake, 4xGuard Front/Rear/Side/Belly

I've already read through that thread, and there's nothing for the rb1...