Thread: Programming Active???

Default Programming Active???

When I started up the WK this am, a red dot was lit on the instrument cluster and the EVIC was displaying: Programming Active.

It went away after a minute or so, but I'm curious what was going on.

Any ideas?
    1998 ZJ TSi (4.0) Platinum (RIP)
    2007 WK Ltd (4.7) Mineral Gray

I Hate Fuel Efficiency :D Crookster777's Avatar

That means that you were programming a key. Did you put one key in, took it out, and then put in another? Your computer might need to be replaced or reflashed. My WK needed the computer replaced, I have a electrical nightmare on my hands, but I still love it.
    -Joe-

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 (Silver)
    Mods: BT Catch Can, Rear Fogs Wired (by: QBNKID), Shorty Antenna, Weathertech Mats (1st and 2nd Row), Gibson 3'' Catback with the Reso Removed and Flowmaster 5 Inch Tips, Kooks 1 7/8th's LT Headers with High Flow Cats, Bwoody CAI (4''), Diablo Predator, Diablotoona CMR Toon, Tints (20% On Front Sides and 50% on Entire Windshield), Retractable front License Plate, VLED Switchback Turn Signal Bulbs, LED Tail Lights, Tinted Lights (done by: UR50SLO)

Don't race one from standing still, it's a monster.
    -Post on a Bimmer board

Registered

Mine has done that too. I just had it at the dealer for a list of issues. The warranty expires in 2 months so I want to get it all fixed. Mine does that active programming thing on occasion. This past time I went in.. I told them about it and they reflashed the PCM. It takes time between each event. So we will see. At least my heater works properly now. I always loved the blazing hell hot or freezing cold. Nice feature for sure!
    2005 WK Limited Hemi

Intersting...

I did a remote start, and just as I was getting into the WK about 15 mins later, it shut off. I put my key in and restarted the car and I saw the programming notification on the EVIC. I shut down the car and pulled out the key assumng that it would go away. When I restarted the WK, it was still in programming mose, so I jsut drove away. About 30 seconds later, it disappeared.

Wierd.

I'll mention it to the service advisor next time I take the WK in for service.
    1998 ZJ TSi (4.0) Platinum (RIP)
    2007 WK Ltd (4.7) Mineral Gray