Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Long Island, NY

Did this meet ever happen? If not lets do something this august.
    1999 WJ Laredo
    - 4.7 H.O
    - 3.5" Lift
    - Dual SS
    - 255-75-17 BFG M/T
    2002 WJ Laredo

come on yo, where are all the long islanders at
    Quote Originally Posted by affende View Post
    but marijuana is illegal ... therefore not an acceptable for of payment for services rendered.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 1996-5.2-ZJ View Post
    come on yo, where are all the long islanders at
    What's the plan?
    Life is too short to drive boring cars.

idk but we gotta get something goin. we gotta find somewhere convienent for everyone to meet. there may not be alot of good offroading spots on the island im sure somebody can think of something
    Quote Originally Posted by affende View Post
    but marijuana is illegal ... therefore not an acceptable for of payment for services rendered.

All I know is out east and I doubt everyone is down for that trip. Instead of trying to make plans for everyone to go lets just go with whomever can make it.If anyone has a good spot that wont get our jeeps taken away shout it out. Im down.
    1999 WJ Laredo
    - 4.7 H.O
    - 3.5" Lift
    - Dual SS
    - 255-75-17 BFG M/T
    2002 WJ Laredo

Registered

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLINY View Post
    Merry Christmas!

Stony Brook, LI here. '02 WJ Limited. Mostly stuck in traffic on the Northern State heading to work. Outer beach permit for Suffolk County only real off roading I get a chance to do.

There is a real nice Blue Laredo WJ by me. I see in parked by Green Cactus and Station Pizza all the time. ARB front winch bumper, looks like BB lift, larger tires, and a Kevin's Off Road sticker on the driver's side back window. It is a great looking Jeep set up for some good off roading. I think it is a 04. Wondered if it was someone on here.
    Hey John. Thank you for the nice words. I used to own the nutrition store in that shopping center and that is why my jeep was always there.

Quote Originally Posted by Evildriver-3 View Post
    I don't know why this got moved to trail rides? i sure didn't ask anyone to move it to trail rides..

The Blue WJ if it is the same im thinking of, and it does sound like it is his, he is a member here, he was at the shop not long ago with a annoying noise, turned out to be a bolt that was loose on a bracket..
    Hey Marty, I hope all is well. I don't know how I missed this thread. Thanks again for helping me out last year...I think I still owe you a couple of bucks...believe it or not, I still want to get my gears done and upgrade my front driveshaft. I have to give you a call and set up a time.
    Right now I am spending most of my working time in Brooklyn. The building going on there is insane and I supply appliances for all of the contractors.

Let me know if you guys have anything planned in the near future. Thanks.
    Jas.

Quote Originally Posted by sjmst View Post
    Hey Long Island guys. I have a couple of questions.

1) Has anyone been turned away from a car wash? A car wash employee was killed recently in Queens. Allegedly unintended acceleration. Aside from my skepticism about that whole issue, I was told at my local car washed they will NOT wash any Jeeps.
    This was in Port Washington. Anyone hear of this?
    Never, ever heard of anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by sjmst View Post
    Has anyone been turned away from a car wash? A car wash employee was killed recently in Queens. Allegedly unintended acceleration. Sam
    Sam. I don't have any idea if it's true or not but it's not the first time that claim has been made.
    I think there's a natural instinct for people to not believe they could have F'd up and hit the gas instead of the brake esp if someone got hurt.

NY
    http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...cal&id=6187664

Minneanapolis:
    http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...pin_jeeps.html

Conn:
    http://www.ajeepthing.com/jeep-blog/...herokees/2006/

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/06/15/u...st-jeep-grand/

Car wash advisory website:
    http://www.carwash.com/article.asp?IndexID=6636153

This one says "570 cases of unintended Jeep acceleration"
    http://www.safetyforum.com/sua/

I also found lots of car wash related unintended aceleration stories that weren't about Jeeps

im down just lemme know PM or somthing if i miss
    2006 Jeep WK Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7
    ( Midnight Blue Pearl Coat)

Leather, Nav, 4x4 Package, Khaki Interior

18" JK Wheels With Bridgestone Dueler A/T's, K&N 63 Series Cold Air Intake, Flowmaster 50 Series HD Resonator Cut, Silverstar Headlights and Fogs, Tinted Windows, Overland Brushed Aluminum Grill,3rd Strike Perfomance EGR Baffle, THULE Roof Rack, Jeep Slush Mats, Trail Rated X2, Custom 4 Light Lightbar, Firestick 3 FT Antenna, Cobra HandHeld CB C75WXST

Registered

I forgot all about this thread. Im in west islip now.

How bout some illegal trails in Melville? Anyone?

Hey, if you know the spots lets go, hope we dont get arrested that wouldnt be good at all lol

18" JK Wheels With Bridgestone Dueler A/T's, K&N 63 Series Cold Air Intake, Flowmaster 50 Series HD Resonator Cut, Silverstar Headlights and Fogs, Tinted Windows, Overland Brushed Aluminum Grill,3rd Strike Perfomance EGR Baffle, THULE Roof Rack, Jeep Slush Mats, Trail Rated X2, Custom 4 Light Lightbar, Firestick 3 FT Antenna, Cobra HandHeld CB C75WXST

Registered

Quote Originally Posted by JeepGuy026 View Post
    Hey, if you know the spots lets go, hope we dont get arrested that wouldnt be good at all lol
    In the rest of the world, they use lockers and winches to get out of tough spots. On long island, we need bolt cutters and PBA cards hahaha

lol yea

Is Anyone Up for a Meet on LI, And Know of some trails? Come on!

Icon922

hey i'm going to be on LI for about a month. I drove here from western canada, and i'm wondering if anyone knows what the deal is with beach ORV permits and out of state (or country) vehicles. Also where are some good places to access the beach for wheeling?

BuildThread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...build-1169731/

Im up for it as long as my heep is.
    1999 WJ Laredo
    - 4.7 H.O
    - 3.5" Lift
    - Dual SS
    - 255-75-17 BFG M/T
    2002 WJ Laredo

Icon9180wk

lets get somthing together if not to wheel just to get together maybe meet up at a resturant or somthing or a parking lot and then we can maybe if possible do some wheeling

Icon922

whats going on Port Washington HERE!!!

WJ 99, Black, 123,880!!!

does anyone know of a good salvage or junk yard around LI???
    1999 WJ Grand Cherokee Limited
    4.7L V8.

We Race, so you Win Evildriver-3's Avatar

Ok since everyone keeps on saying...

Name a plate and time....

Riverhead raceway sept 6th at high noon..... witness this (starting at Video time 1:12 in) with your own eyes...

http://www.pitstoppitbull.com/videos...13HltPrtt1.wmv

See you there....
    Less than 8 is like playing with half a deck

www.LiMotorsports.org The voice of the racer

71 Dart, 73 RR, 78 Mag GT, 85 Dodge W-350, 91 Dodge 250 c, 91 Daytona, 95 Jeep GC, 99 Jeep GC, 00 Dakota, 05 Jeep GC, 08 Dodge 2500hd

thats a fast jeep!!!!!
    06 Rubi
    Clayton 4" Hard Arm Suspension,Tom Woods Drive Shaft,Bilstein 5100 ,1"Mml, 1"BL,488 yukon gears,35x13.5 Toyos 15x10 Eagle Alloys,Arb Stubby Front Bumper,warn m8000 RockHard Swingaway Bumper, Tuffy Console, banks header,spintech muffler,Clayton Skids,herculined tub

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast