Thread: Oil drain plug bolt size?

Default Oil drain plug bolt size?

Any one know what size it is? I was thinking about picking up one of those Fram Sure Drain things. You replace your drain plug with this and then you just connect a drain hose. It sucks removing the Superlift skid plate just to change the oil.

13mm
    Sold: (Miss her already)
    '06 WK Laredo 4x4, Silver, 4.7 V8, QTII, Mods: 1.25" Billet spacers, RR 2.25 Lift, BFG 265/70/17 A/T KOs, Mopar skid plate.
    To be done: 4xGuard goodies, T-Max winch & on-board air. Matrix BG?? AEV BB lift EGR module??

'08 Chevy Ext. Cab, 5.3 V8 w/constant MDS, Z71 4x4, black, lots options.

'07 Mazda CX-7, Pearl white, Turbo 4banger, Wifes

Registered

Changing the oil in the WK sucks in general. Its so low you can hardly get a pan under it and if you put it on jackstands then you dont have room to work under there. The oil is pretty much like water so it gets all over the place which means youve got to take that big plastic shield off so it doesnt drips for days. Fun times.
    Current Jeep: Atlantic Blue 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition
    -Transfer Case: NP242
    -OME/Rustys lift
    -Mopar skids+tow hooks
    -Powertrax No-slip Locker
    -245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S mounted on MOABS
    -Lots O other stuff
    L.O.S.T member 000482

Get one of these goodies:
    http://www.quickoildrainvalve.com/

And get one with the nozzle end that you can put a hose on. That should keep the oil out of your skids.

'00 TJ Sahara
    '05 WK Hemi Limited

Quote Originally Posted by HDC View Post

And get one with the nozzle end that you can put a hose on. That should keep the oil out of your skids.
    What thread size fits the WK? Do you use this valve on yours?

Thanks,
    Rob
    Rob

007 Laredo 4.7 FFV 27X;
    De-Badged; Zaino'd; SRT8 Grill, Pedals, Strut Brace; ClearBra; WeatherTech; LED Reverse; HIR Hi/Lo; SS Fog; Stealth Turns; 15% Tint; Stubbie; Rear Spoiler; Magnaflow; V1 Visor Mount; Stingray Valve Caps; 22Elite Console/Visors; Body Kit; Color Match Everything; TintedTails; K&N 63 w/Amsoil filter; Front Skid; QuickOilDrainValve; BatteryTender; SuperChips 91; Bilstein; Billet Window Switches; Greasable Addco Sways; RamMedic Hood; Fastman TB; BWoody Links; Kicker Upgrade w/Single Sub; AVIC F90BT Hacked; NeffyWrap ABCD; Putco LEDs; Viper 20's w/Parada 255/50; R1 Slot/Dimple w/Hawk Pro Ceramic; Whistler Mod w/FlashTech Green Halos;

Registered

Thread size is M14 - 1.50

DORMAN Part # 090115 {AutoGrade Hardware Pilot Point Thread Size M14-1.50 Under-Head Length 21.28mm Head Size 13mm Head Style Flanged Hex}
    Scott

'05 WK Limited 5.7 TRADED for a SUBURBAN Z71!

SO LONG OLD FRIEND!

96 ZJ Limited, 5.2 Not Stock: SOLD
    93 ZJ Grand Wagoneer, 5.2 Stock: Traded on the 96

For those with the superlift skid plate, can the oil filter be changed while the skid plate is still on? I could go outside and look myself but its pretty cold.

Quote Originally Posted by HDC View Post
    I've got one of these on my Wranger and love it--they work great. I had one on the wife's previous vehicle but haven't put one on her GC since we're having the dealer change the oil.

2005 Rubicon Unlimited
    Any day you get it into 4Lo is a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by dsgodda View Post
    I've got one of these on my Wranger and love it--they work great. I had one on the wife's previous vehicle but haven't put one on her GC since we're having the dealer change the oil.
    I still take the Grand in to the dealer for service, but I put a valve in the one time I change it myself. I'm sure your dealer techs would put it in without complaint. I've got one in my TJ too. It's a huge mess saver. Now if only the filter were as tidy to change.....

'00 TJ Sahara
    '05 WK Hemi Limited

Man, I hate it that the Wrangler filter dumps oil down the side of the engine and all over the front axle when you remove it. What genius decided to mount it sideways anyway???

2005 Rubicon Unlimited
    Any day you get it into 4Lo is a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by dsgodda View Post
    Man, I hate it that the Wrangler filter dumps oil down the side of the engine and all over the front axle when you remove it. What genius decided to mount it sideways anyway???
    The Grand is pretty bad too. The hint that it would be nasty is the lovely little plastic ramp they have mounted under it that tries to direct the deluge past all the hoses under it. Next change on either I'm going to try creating a larger catch out of some scrap plastic or something. There's got to be something already out there that does this. I always forget to check when I'm at the parts store.

Anyone unsure on the plug size, the quick valve site will give you the right part for your app. I don't recall if they tell you the measurement on the site.

'00 TJ Sahara
    '05 WK Hemi Limited