type h2d

off of a cummins diesle engine

should be just right for it
    spolls up at low rpm

i need to make a adapter plate for exhaust manifold '

a oil line cooler hook up

but can i run 4-5psi thru the throttle body

Registered

Don't really want to rain on your parade, but that's not a workable plan. Yes, you can probably figure out a way to put it on there. However, that turbo was mated to an engine over twice the size of your 2.5, meaning it won't blow enough exhaust to spool it up. And even if it could, the factory fuel injection cannot supply enough fuel to match that amount of air. If you really want to do something like this, you'll be money/time/effort ahead going with an Avenger supercharger. It would also perform much better than a cobbled-up turbo system. HTH

2x on Avenger supercharger, or putting in time/effort/money into a QUALITY setup. FI is not something to half A$$, unless your YJ is just a project rig.
    Black '08 Grand Cherokee SRT8 Fully Loaded, Bwoody 4" CAI, CMR Tune, Corsa

Champange '00 Grand Cherokee 4.7 Ltd RIP
    -K&N Fipk, Kolak exhaust(Magnaflow cat,FM70), OME HD 2" springs, .75" spacers, Pro Comp MX-6s, OME SD40 SS, 265/70/17s BFG T/A KOs on 17" avilas, Stillen cross drilled rotors/Metal Matrix pads
    Come take a spin>>>>>http://youtube.com/watch?v=luvqDqt8tuQ

Black '93 Camaro Z28
    -Too many mods to list

Registered

Also, it's a matter of debate as to whether either a supercharger or turbocharger is gonna get you power in the low to medium power range...normally, those are intended to get you power up higher when they spool up...All in all, this is a BAD plan...

look into the smaller mitsubishi eclipse/eagle talon turbo's. they'd be better suited
    Shaffers Diablo Sport chassis on a 4.0L YJ frame BUILDUP
    Radflo shocks and coilovers, Superior d30 shafts and Super 88, 36" Iroks, Atlas tc,

I'd agree on the supercharger. Turbos require revvs to spool the compressor, a supercharger will build boost from idle, much better for offroading. And as mrclean mentioned, your lil 2.5 wont get that turbo to spool at low RPMs, youll be spinning your engine at 4k to make power.
    If a turbo is what you want, get something smaller that will spool quickly at around 2k RPM. IHI makes decent small turbos.
    2009 Subie WRX - DD
    2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ -toy hauler
    1999 Wrangler - the toy (not driven much....at all)

Registered

i've got a small ihi turbo that was intended for a civic... did't use it... if i had a 4 cyl i would have to fab up a setup for it...
    just another TJ.... on 35's with 3" lift.....
    full "Get Bent Kustoms" roll cage

your gonna spend more in $$ and headaches trying to make that work, even if the turbo is free, getting it mounted is only the first obsticle, then you have to figure out how to make your fi work, being your intake manifold will now have a + pressure rather than a - pressure it was designed for, all your vacuum powered things will either not work or not work correctly

with enough determination time and $$$ im sure it could be done, but after all that would it really be much more work to just do an engine transplant?

Icon315

i tried to get it to spool by make a tube that ran from
    the end of the exhuast to the turbo
    and it work
    but with the engines rpm at 5000 the turbo was turning at 500 rpm at best
    so turbo is way to big
    i dont think the catback or muffler would have cut back the exhuast flow that much

so want to trade or sell me your turbo

Just get some duct tape and put this on your 2.5L.

2003 Rubicon, Auto, 4.88's, 4.5" Nth LA, 1" BL, 1"MML, Currie HD steering, 35" MTR's on 15x8 and other stuff.
    2011 Grand Cherokee
    95 YJ, 4.0L, AW4, 39.5"x17, Atlas 4.3, D60/14B with Detroits and 5.38.
    My Website

Registered

The trail rig and weekend toy91 Jeep YJ 4.0 ax15, 2.5" pro comp, barless, and Aussie locked, SYE'd with 4.10 cogs rolling on 31" buckshots. Spooled 9" rear in the works. Topless till October
    The daily Driver mall Crawler97 Jeep ZJ Laredo 4.0 np242 with 3.73's, 2.25" BB on 31's

Registered

Y'know, 2.5's are kinda known for blowing their rods through the side of the block without a turbo adding boost... not to mention spinning bearings...
    '94 YJ 4-banger auto, 1 inch shackle lifts, running 31's - otherwise STOCK! She ain't pretty, but she never gets stuck.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]