Thread: APN Headers

Default APN Headers

I know several of you guys use these. How do they hold up over time? Did you notice any improvements in performance? What are your overall thoughts? My stocker is starting to crack and time for an upgrade.

Registered

I've had mine for a year, seems to work just fine, I did notice a performance upgrade. The problem is, for most people, when they buy this header, it's to replace a cracked one. I don't know if my improved torque and fuel economy is due to the APN header or an exhaust system that doesn't have a crack in it!

Would I recommend it over the "factory cloned" with expansion bellows header, definately.
    :Screen_of_Death: "PC Load Letter--What the.."

I drive a Jeep. A blue one.

i just put one in my stroker, granted it was on a complete rebuild, i'm very happy with how the APN sounds and performs, but it was a complete rebuild so I can't say how much just the APN changed stuff, but for the price it's definitely worth it. I should have a video of how it sounds on an XJ with a dynomax exhaust cat back here in a little while as soon as my friend gets off his ass and posts it.

Registered

I had one for a very short time period. Couldn't notice any performance improvement. It cracked in about 3,000 miles.. BUT... i was stupid enough to header wrap it so that could have been the reason (feable attempt at keeping down underhood temperatures)
    The rarest of all Jeeps... one that is DONE!!

http://members.intertek.net/~simons5/xj/jeepbug.htm

ya header wrap is a terrible idea imo

I've had mine on since mid/late May, and I haven't had a problem with it. I did notice my exhaust sounded throatier, and I did notice a gain. The stock header had a hairline crack around one of the tubes.
    slate 5.9 Limited, 8" long arm, 285's, 8.8-Artec truss, 231/SYE w/Novak, straight piped, Durango 160A alt, Optima Red, ZG markers, front park light & turn mod, quad tails, Boston Acoustic/JL's, in dash flip up DVD, black windows, Vortech supercharger & 5 speed swap awaiting to be installed

Stone white 5.9 on 30" AT's, 231, glass ECE's w/custom harness, clear corners, tinted, u jointed shafts