Thread: scrambler half cab

Registered

Default scrambler half cab

i looked through all the old posts on this in the search.. here's my issue.
    glass tub (no clue what type of glass tub as far as age or manufacture i inherited it with the jeep), scrambler bulkhead and half top. bulkhead does not match up with the curvature of the glass tub. Anyone else out there ever have this problem or any similar issue? i've got some good OEM style weather stripping that i think i can use to keep the weather out, but the mounting isnt going to work out well. got some drawings and some ideas sketched out..but before i start i want to see if anyone else has run into this..
    HIS: 1977 cj 7
    hei mc2150 glass tub super ride 1'' springs, hydro shocks, durabak, scrambler half cab, tear down and paint coming this spring....maybe
    HERS: 2008 JK Unlmited
    Detonator Yellow X, nuthin but power windows, 285's on black 16's, premium sound, and a tow hitch...the wife finally caught the jeep bug.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/zach.cos...eat=directlink

Registered

Over on CJ-8.com, go to the products section. I'm not sure if it's there, but GR8tops has a fiberglass replacement bulkhead (I think). A fiberglass bulkhead should allow you to make alterations pretty easily.
    John N
    1981 Scrambler Dana 44's w/ARBs F & R, AMC 360 w/TBI, TF999, Dana 300 clocked & twin sticked w/4:1, RE 4.5" XD lift, etc........
    Plus.... 2 Grand Cherokees 2008 Overland (DD), 2002 (sons), CJ-7 (in pieces) and 3 off brand 4x4s...

Registered

well, i poked around there and GR8's site... didnt stumble upon anything so i sent an email to customer service. thanks!
    hei mc2150 glass tub super ride 1'' springs, hydro shocks, durabak, scrambler half cab, tear down and paint coming this spring....maybe
    Detonator Yellow X, nuthin but power windows, 285's on black 16's, premium sound, and a tow hitch...the wife finally caught the jeep bug.

Default half top

you should just sell the half cab to me and be done with it!! LOL

Hard to tell without knowing why they don't match up, does the glass tub have the step? Is the body tub floor different between a 77 and an 81? I assume the bulkead you have is a steel original and you're doing this to a cj 7?
    Many, to darn many, under construction, over budget and behind schedule

I am doing this on a Wrangler body right now that I am doing a swap for on my 79 CJ frame.

It lines up pretty good with the Wrangler body and the bulkhead is a steel original. See if this pic helps point out any differences.

http://www.certifiablejeep.com/image...e/161_6122.jpg

cb

CertifiableJeep website
    '76 ORANGE CJ-5
    '76 MAROON CJ-5
    '78 SILVER CJ-7
    '82 WHITE CJ-8 Build Thread
    ORANGE JEEP CLUB #41
    SILVER JEEP CLUB #41
    SIENNA JEEP CLUB #62

NEWJO Member

Registered

Thanks for the pic!
    Yep, steel bulkhead in by tub. 77 CJ7 no clue on the tub manufacturer. the upper part lines up with my tub, but then as you go down the sides, the tub steps in about 3/4" about 1" down. My tub goes straight down and the bulkhead tapers just a bit so the gap gets a little wider.

My tub does have the step, i haven't compared measurements yet but my tub step up is too high, and the curvature doesnt match the bulkhead exactly. when compared the tub looks like the curve is off center. I'm thinking i inherited a janky glass tub, but i don't have a lot of experience with other glass tubs or know much about the various manufacturers. I think i'll probably do something easy to get me through the winter, then re-evaluate.
    Dad already wants the top and bulkhead for his 86 with a steel tub.

the sides wont be a problem so much as the step issue.

a while back I had my spare tire mounted in the back of my cj-5 on a 45 degree angle... problem was that the tailgate didn't close anymore because of it... so in the winter time, it was cold.

I went to an upholstery shop that had the same material as the softtop and had them make me a tailgate cover that snapped in place... it was a temporary solution, but it did keep me warm.

Maybe you can have one of them made to snap in place in the tub and seal off as much as you can?

Here is a pic for an idea. Been a while since it looked like this, but it gives you an dides as to what I was dealing with.

http://www.certifiablejeep.com/image...l/110_1056.jpg

cb

CertifiableJeep website
    '76 ORANGE CJ-5
    '76 MAROON CJ-5
    '78 SILVER CJ-7
    '82 WHITE CJ-8 Build Thread
    ORANGE JEEP CLUB #41
    SILVER JEEP CLUB #41
    SIENNA JEEP CLUB #62

NEWJO Member