Thread: wiring an amp on 05 wrangler

Default wiring an amp on 05 wrangler

Hello, I have a quick question. I have the power for my amp run to the battery. I have an 05 wrangler with the factory indash cd changer/head unit and the little sub in the console. I am wiring my amp for the 2 10's I have in the back. What whould I wire the remote wire to besides the ignition wire?

Thanks,

Mike

Registered

In the back of your unit, assuming you have an aftermarket unit ready for an amp, you just wire it into where the remote wire comes out of the harness. Look at the manual for the wiring diagram. Hope that answers it.

Quote Originally Posted by magoo79 View Post
    Hello, I have a quick question. I have the power for my amp run to the battery. I have an 05 wrangler with the factory indash cd changer/head unit and the little sub in the console. I am wiring my amp for the 2 10's I have in the back. What whould I wire the remote wire to besides the ignition wire?

Thanks,

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj's1998tj View Post
    In the back of your unit, assuming you have an aftermarket unit ready for an amp, you just wire it into where the remote wire comes out of the harness. Look at the manual for the wiring diagram. Hope that answers it.
    Not gonna work on a factory unit.
    2009 F-150 SuperCrew · 2014 Street Glide Special

Quote Originally Posted by ehirner View Post
    Not gonna work on a factory unit.

Correct the remote wire is a low voltage switch current. Switched the amp on when detected low voltage is applied.

I have heard to wire it to the power antenna wire. i'm just looking for a circuit that turns on with the key in the on position. I'm going to go through the chiltons book I just bought to look at the wiring. I'm not so worried about the amp turning on and off with the radio. My radio is always on in the jeep.

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by magoo79 View Post
    I have heard to wire it to the power antenna wire. i'm just looking for a circuit that turns on with the key in the on position. I'm going to go through the chiltons book I just bought to look at the wiring. I'm not so worried about the amp turning on and off with the radio. My radio is always on in the jeep.

Mike.
    Yea see if your stock radio has a blue power antenna wire,if so yes you can use, if not not sure what to use!

Registered

With mine we just kept trying different places in the fuse box until we did one that only worked with the key in the backwards or on position.

If there is not a power antenna output from the factory car stereo, or a blue remote turn on (which I doubt there is)... just use the +12V ignition wire that runs to your factory car stereo. The amp will turn on when the car stereo turns on. The Remote turn on an aftermarket amplifier draws very little current. It is basically just a input that needs a voltage applied to tell it when to turn on.
    00 Sahara - White w/Tan Hard and Soft Tops
    1" BL, 3" FT
    33s on Chamber Teflon (waiting on backorder)