Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why is Wrangler insurance so HIGH??

Registered

Default Why is Wrangler insurance so HIGH??

I just got my insurance bill for my 04 Rubicon I just bought. The insurance was higher then my 07 Jeep GC. Whats the deal with this. My GC is a $35000+ car, and I paid less then 1/2 that for the Rubi. So what makes the insurance so high on these bad boys??

My Wranglers insurance is actually cheaper than my wifes 03 Jetta, and cheaper than my 02 Mustang GT and my old 03 Ranger. I checked into insuring it with someone else, and they wanted almost $100 more a month than I pay now, so maybe its just where you insure it.

And also the fact that Wranglers aren't exactly super safe when it comes to how the insurance companies look at it.
    2007 Sahara - stock for now.

Registered

The Rubi came to just under $500 for 6 months, and my 07 Grnd Ch is $471 for 6 months. The bulk of the extra is collision and comp. Do the Wranglers get in that many accidents? I know it doesnt drive like the GC, but it's far from being a accident waiting to happen.

Thats only about $50 more than mine. I'm fairly young so I think I'm getting off good since I paid $150 a month for a 12 year old Yukon when I was 21.
    I paid almost $700 for 6 months on my Mustang for a while.
    Its probably because the GC has more safety features, like extra airbags and stuff, so you get a few bucks off.

Registered

about $400/yr for my '98...
    -------------
    98 TJ, 4.0,

Quote Originally Posted by GE4X4 View Post
    The Rubi came to just under $500 for 6 months, and my 07 Grnd Ch is $471 for 6 months. The bulk of the extra is collision and comp. Do the Wranglers get in that many accidents? I know it doesnt drive like the GC, but it's far from being a accident waiting to happen.
    Perhaps the theft of Wranglers in your area is higher? That will jack the insurance premiums up in a heart beat.

Call your insurance company and ask them. They will know the answers.....folks here are just guessing.
    Stu's '98TJ Sahara
    ARB Locked & Loaded
    www.stu-offroad.com

I just got my insurance bill for my 04 Rubicon I just bought. The insurance was higher then my 07 Jeep GC. Whats the deal with this. My GC is a $35000+ car, and I paid less then 1/2 that for the Rubi. So what makes the insurance so high on these bad boys??
    How old are you and what's your driving/accident history?...
    "Here's my strategy on the Cold War:
    We win, they lose."
    - Ronald Reagan-

Mine runs $1100 a year for My 06 and the wifes 06 Honda Element. That is with 300k in liability and xtra PIP / Uninsured Motorist ( Uninsured Illegals are a problem here)

Registered

Cool

Theft. It's one of the easiest vehicles to steal and the parts are worth a ton. Do the math...................................
    97 TJ Sport

Registered

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Olson View Post

Call your insurance company and ask them. They will know the answers.....folks here are just guessing.
    The insurance company is NOT going to give you that information verbatim. You'll get a watered down version of yada, yada, yada.
    97 TJ Sport

the insurance on my 01 TJ is actually less than the insurance on my 88 bronco II.... both have full coverage...
    2001 Wrangler Sport, D44 rear, 2.5" Susp. Lift, 1" BL w/ Brown Dog MML, 35x12.50r15 BFG KM2's on 15x8 Soft 8's, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Smittybilt XRC Front Bumper and Rocker Guards, Xenon 4" Flat Flares, Optima Blue-Top Battery, Hella 500 lights, Hi-Lift Jack, and more on the way JEEP= Just-Empty-Every-Pocket
    TJ-xtreme's Car Domain
    EAT-SLEEP-JEEP OlllllllO

yeah, i heard thiefs are stealing TJ's for their radiators since as we all know Jeep makes the best radiators and they get top dollar on the black market in china.

2005 TJ Trail rig.... jeepsr4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Volkman View Post
    yeah, i heard thiefs are stealing TJ's for their radiators since as we all know Jeep makes the best radiators and they get top dollar on the black market in china.
    That and those uber tough turn signal switch.:touche:

Registered

i pay $600 a YEAR with full coverage, im also 25 and have never had any tickets tho... lucky me right? i also have been with the same ensurance compay since i was 16.

I thought it was for the cool "trail Rated" badge. It is rumored to make any rig trail rated.

Icon312

Quote Originally Posted by yellorover View Post
    Mine runs $1100 a year for My 06 and the wifes 06 Honda Element. That is with 300k in liability and xtra PIP / Uninsured Motorist ( Uninsured Illegals are a problem here)

+1

I pay around $900 a year on my '06 Unlimited & I'm maxed out on my insurance riders as far as coverage. I got hit by an uninsured female in a $30,000 Expedition a few years ago & the uninsured motorist rider saved my behind!

Wrangler insurance is high because it's considered an off road vehicle & thus people (novices) take them places they probably shouldn't be taking them, IMO.

My

Registered

i pay about 360 a month

Ahh easy.....go to YouTube and do a search for "Jeep Rollover".....

People out doing crazy things with $30k-$40K Jeeps.....(Stuff I can't afford to do!!!)
    The abuse under the "color of law" of Hope Steffey by Stark County Police.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5hf-aDEAr8

Im 20 and this is my first TJ and i pay less insurance then my mother does. Ive been in one accident and i only pay $180 a month. Ive only been driving for about 3 years. If this is expensive then i cant wait till i move up a step

Quote Originally Posted by Bsktbll109 View Post
    Im 20 and this is my first TJ and i pay less insurance then my mother does. Ive been in one accident and i only pay $180 a month. Ive only been driving for about 3 years. If this is expensive then i cant wait till i move up a step
    $2160 a year? I pay $890 a year for full coverage (with add on's) for a 2000 sport and a pickup truck. But I did sleep at a Holiday Express last night...
    "Here's my strategy on the Cold War:
    We win, they lose."
    - Ronald Reagan-

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast