Thread: Cheapest Place to Buy Interco Tires

Default Cheapest Place to Buy Interco Tires

I have been looking around on the net and ebay. I am getting some 34x10.50 LTB's and it looks like 4WD.com might be the lowest but I thought I would check here to see if any body knows of a cheaper place.

Also what is the main difference between the Bias ply, and the Radial. Besides the tread difference

Radial means that it as steel belts in the tire that keep its shape and improve ride and such. Super Swamper makes several radial tires including the SSR, the TSL Radial, the radial Irok and the Truxus Mud Terrains. Radials generally wear more evenly and have a longer life on the street but the tread is usually a bit less agressive and the tire is a little weaker from an off road damage type situation.

Bias ply tires are kind of the "old school" way to build a tire. They generally have some nylon chords in them but do not have steel belts. These tires have less desireable road handling characteristics. They flat spot until they warm up and wear funny. However off road they are stronger and generally have a more agressive tread pattern.

When you are talking about Super Swamper radials realisically other than the Truxus Mud Terrains you are talking about a compromise between the REST of the radial off road tire market and Super Swampers own bias tires. The Truxus MTs are pretty civil but the rest of the Super Swamper radials are more like a happy medium between say a BFG MT or a Goodyear MTR and the bias tires they make. They still are hard to balance and don't wear the best but they are more aggressive than an average mud terrain tire and tend to be stronger too. I have been happy with my SSRs but I have not got to wheel it nearly as much as I wanted to.

1970 CJ-6: 305 TPI V8, NV4500, Dana 18 w/Teralow 3:15 gears, Dana 44 rear w/Detroit, 4:88s and custom Moser Alloy shafts, Dana 30 front w/4:88s and Bid Daddy OR HD Tierod kit flipped on top of the knuckles, full cage tied in with Saginaw power steering conversion and power brake conversion. 35 inch Super Swamper SSRs on 17x9 Procomp Steel Wheels. Kilby On Board Air---
    2000 XJ Cherokee Sport - Traded the old girl in on a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 so I could tow the CJ to and from the trail. Only one Jeep in the family these days.

Registered

Like sdaddy said,I did the same comparison and with shipping It almost equalled out the same.The problem I found is the local shops either wouldn't mount and balance tires you buy somewhere else or charge a ridiculous amount.I bought the 31/11.50/15 Swamper LTB's.They are definatly a different ride on the street than radials but I still like them.Haven't tried them in the mud yet but they aggressive and feel softer.They are grippier on the street or seem so to me. I think I have right at $600 in mine buying them at a local 4x4 shop.
    Its easier to fix a complaining cj than a complaining wife/gf.

I drove to 4wdh got the sixty dollars off for a set of four then 10% on top of that for being a club member in my local 4wd club. 285/75/16 for my Rubicon which is my DD and they run out great on the highway.
    1998 Jeep TJ Sport Chili Pepper Red and bone stock

BillaVista has a great tire tech article here: http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/PR-TSLs/ He goes into detail on the plusses and minuses, construction, etc.
    Time owned by new house

Walmart mounted and balanced mine and my friends tires with no trouble. We just brought them the wheels and tires.

Registered

Default National Tire and Wheel

http://www.natltire.com/acb/showdetl...nt=14&DETAIL=1

134.43 Ea...

Great folks to work with. Located in WV..

tim

I ordered mine from Light Line of Louisiana. Their tires+shipping were the best price I could find.
    >>>>>>
    Jordan S.
    >>>>>>

Here is what I did. Go get a price from www.ntwonline.com without shipping and print it off. Wait until 4wheelparts offers $50-$75 off 4 interco tires (happens all the time). Take the paper in. Order the tires and pick them up in the store to get free shipping. The will charge tax but it comes out a lot cheaper. I got 4 36x12.5R15 TSL Bias tires for $775 this way.
    77 CJ5, 360, D44 F/R scout, 5.13s, Lockrite F/R, T150 D20, 6pt cage, frame off. Plan to be done in July.

Another vote for national tire and wheel. I have ordered two sets of super swamper SSRs from them and they where the lowest price I could find.

They have a deal for shipping swampers right now that knocks off some money. I checked all my local tire places and found that they where the most expensive of all even considering the shipping on internet ordering.

Go to natltire.com and scroll down to the bottom. There it has freight specials, that is what ended up making them cheaper than 4wd.com for me. Plus natltire deals mostly with tires so they will tend to have more of a selection in stock. Where I think 4wd says could take X amount of weeks because they have to get them from the manufacturer.
    78 CJ-7, aluminum tub

258 six .060 over, cam, holly 390, header, offy intake, exhaust cut out

AMC20 rear 3.73s, Moser 1pc, trussed, tubes welded, OX locker

D30 front 3.73 gears, Superior axles, Aussie Locker

Flaming river steering shaft, J20 box, HD mount, homade brace

2.5 inch BDS lift, .5 shackles, 1"BL

33x12.50 swamper ssr tires

T-18 trans, twin sticked d20 T-case

very timely thread, thanx for the info peeps
    Mike-
    1985 Renegade CJ8 original owner
    Some things money can't buy- for all the rest of your money, there's Jeeps

I got my 38.5 11 15 boggers from tirepackage. They had the best price ive ever seen at the time and no one else could get them because they were backordered. I now have 50 miles on them and can get more than what i paid any day if i want to sell.

I think i paid like $189 each plus $70 shipping and no tax. This was last spring though in 2006. They are about $250 each now, but even last year eveywhere else was asking at least $225 each. Altogether it was under $900 with the $9 mount and balance at samsclub. Ive never been charged to pull tires off the rim there either.

It would have been over a $1000 plus tax locally
    99 TJ long arm 4.6L stroker

Admin of http://dakotajeeps.com/index.htm