Thread: DIY Bump stops

Default DIY Bump stops

Just wondering if anyone made there own bump stops for a late modle TJ.. I have a 05 and would like to make up a 2" bump stop that goes between the bump stop holder.. You know when you pull out the bump stop and take out the bolt. I want it to go right in there front and rear.. What's the best way to make up something.. Thanks! George
    2005 Rocky Mountain Edition TJ. Black on black 6cyl auto, D44 3.73 gears, tilt wheel, air ,cd player ,7speaker sound with a sub woofer,Factory fog (driving) lights, 30x9.50X15 on ravine wheels for now.. Tilt wheel, tinted glass. 2 1/2" Rancho springs OME shocks and OME track bar bracket. *His*
    2007 Mustang Fastback coup, red fire Lot's of options and fun stuff the wife wanted!! We had added wide black racing strips over hood roof and trunk and the detailed black Mustang stripes on the sides.. Dealer item! *Hers*
    2002 Ford Ranger Edge Supper cab 4 door 4.0 SHOC 5 speed auto power everything! This will be our winter beater to save our vechiles from northeast salt *Ours*..

a chunk of square or round tube. Hockey puck glued to the bottom is easier though.

A better place is the bottom of the coil bucket so the coil doesn't get caught on the bumpstop cup.

Either way a good way is to use some round tube (I'm using 1.75 with an end cap for my XJ) bolted to the front lower coil pad.
    Omnis Cedo Domus

98 TJ 5.9/46RE/D300 with some mods
    98 XJ Sport

Subscribe to CRAWL Magazine

or fine an old 2" body lift pucks...

Talking

The ones I purchased were made from aluminum and had a hole drilled in the middle. I was also supplied with longer bolts.
    2005 Rubicon Unlimited, 2" budget boost, 1" Daystar body Lift, 1" lift Daystar motor mounts, Daystar transmission mount, LOD Shorty front bumper, OrFab Tire Carrier

Hockey pucks and 2-part epoxy.
    2009 F-150 SuperCrew · 2014 Street Glide Special