Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: lockers for D30?

Default lockers for D30?

Just trying to get some opinions before I buy.

I'm looking at the following ::;

Aussie $249.00 (on back order)

detroit e-z locker $259.00

Power Trax Lock-Right $227.00

I'v heard good about the lock-right and the aussie but not much on the e-z locker. Which would be best? This will be going in my TJ that is a Daily Driver.

Thanks Jason

X2 on this thread...I'm "in the same boat" with these choices.
    1997 Sahara
    Dyed/Painted interior black to match exterior
    2" BB
    15x8 Cragar Soft-8's
    33" BFG M/T
    Custom Flowmaster 40 DF exhaust with side pipes
    York OBA
    Genright gas tank skid
    Terraflex S/T swaybar system
    Taurus fan w/custom fan controlers
    Black/clear LED tail lights
    PSC Corner Crushers
    CJ tailgate
    Viking Offroad soft top
    Home-made/DIY:
    -2.25" BL
    -2"x4" Front bumper (OBA tank)
    -2"x4" Rear bumper w/swing-out tire carrier
    -2"x5" Rock rails w/integrated side pipes (and OBA tank's)
    - Front tube fenders
    - Jeeptubes Swing Down tire carrier

i've heard lots of good things about the aussie locker.

Well i havent had any experience with the lockright and e-z locker but ive had a aussie in my d30 for a couple of months now and I like it alot. It was extreamly easy to install, its quiet on road, the only time I hear it click is when im doing a slow, tight u-turn. Offroad, it works just as it should, no more "2-wheel" drive when im stuck in the mud, and now I can climb stuff a hell of alot easier and I dont have to try to bounce my tires over a rock like some of my wheeling buddies that are unlocked upfront

Registered

From what I've heard, I doubt you would be able to tell the difference between the Aussie and the Lock-Right. I've heard good things about both.

Rossicon Edition

Lock right and aussie are the same thing, the lock right is cheaper and not on back order so I'd order that one. an e-z locker is the same thing as well, but its the only lunch box style locker I've seen break so personally I wouldn't run that one.
    97 TJ 4.0, 30/8.8, 4.10s, lock rights F/R, SYE, York OBA, 34" LTBs

Registered

Icon312 Lockers D30

I think the e-z locker has clutches that can wear out and it great on road but a little weak sometimes off road. I have the Lockeright locker in my D30 and love it I am very impressed with how it works off road! :pablo: :pablo:
    Plan B Always Sucks!!!!!!!!
    2004 TJ Sport Solar Yellow 4inch lift 3.73 gears Warn winch 31x1050r15 P/S Ricochet Rockers front locker hi-lift!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tsiper View Post
    I think the e-z locker has clutches that can wear out and it great on road but a little weak sometimes off road. I have the Lockeright locker in my D30 and love it I am very impressed with how it works off road! :pablo: :pablo:
    An ez locker does not have clutches that can wear out. But all the same I would stay away from them. They have had a history of releasing bad batches of them and not doing anything about it. I'd vote lockright or aussie.

Registered

lockright here, many years, no problem. Everything I hear is the aussie and lockright are basically the same. Get the cheapest or the one that is avaliable, you cannot go wrong.
    2001 Yellow "Sponge Bob" TJ Sport, 3 Speed Auto, Mopar Deep Transmission Pan, 4.10 gears, 2"BB, 1"BL, Lockright in D30 and D35, 32 X 11.50 MT, Custom 4x4 Rear Bumper, Rocker Guards, Kilby Gas Tank Skid, Tera Oil Pan Skid, Ramsey Pro Series 8000 Winch

lockright unless you can get an aussie, theyre quieter, depends on how bad you want it!
    For Excellent Service and Parts for ALL Jeep Vehicles:

Crown Automotive Warehouse Outlet
    RT 138 Canton, MA
    Open Mon-Sat 781-821-2276

well according to northridge 4x4, the aussies should be in in 2 weeks so i guess i can wait since that seems to be the best choice. Even david at northridge recommended the aussie over the lockright even though the lock right was more $

Same as everyone else has said. Go with either a lockright or aussie. I've had my lockright so far with 33's, 35's, and 37's. Has treated me right and no problems in over 3 years. I have friends who have aussies and they do fine as well.
    2002 WJ- 4" IRO, IRO Front Long arms, IRO adjustable A Arm/lowers, Spartan locker, Iceland Offroad Flares, BTF diff cover, 35x12.50 MT/R Kevlars

Rossicon Edition

i've held a lock right in one hand and an aussie in the other and couldn't tell the difference. Half the people I wheel with run lock rights and the other half aussies and I couldn't tell any difference between the two, get whats cheaper.
    97 TJ 4.0, 30/8.8, 4.10s, lock rights F/R, SYE, York OBA, 34" LTBs

I like my aussie a LOT
    86 Toyota EXT Cab.
    7 inches of lift
    Worked Buick V6
    36s

I have had no problems with my Detroit EZ...

Registered

I love love love my aussie locker easy to install but they say you have to change the springs every two years or so i've heard

aussie X's a million
    '99 TJ 250,000 miles re-manned 4.0, RE 3.5" lift with 33" x-terrains locked D30 in the front and some other small extras here and there.

If at first you dont succeed.... you didnt have your foot in it deep enough. :redgrin:

I just installed an Aussie in my 30 and LUVVV IT!!!! Difference between the aussie and lock-rite the design of the springs and pins. Both work the same.
    2001 XJ, 3" RC lift, 31/10.5" Dunlop Mud Rovers, TeraFlex Quick Disconnects, Kargomaster Roof Rack, Hayden Tranny cooler, Warn TC skid, diff skids front/rear, Cobra CB, AJ's Rock Sliders, front Olympic rock bumper, MileMarker 9000, dana 30 Aussie...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    West Virginia's Original Jeep Club

ran a loc-right for ever in mine. Works great every time.

I have a lock rite in my TJ, Love it. No problems. I helped Tupton install his aussie the other night, the only major difference I could tell was the aussie has a single spring, and the lockrite has a small spring inside of a larger spring. I believe both are great lockers. Get whatever you can get the best deal on, they are essentually the same.

Hay Tom, welcome to JU!
    John 6:66-68 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

Run a full Detroit and never look back!

1998 TJ Sahara with Husky Liners
    MudZJ.com
    www.NJJeep.org

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast