Thread: Parking Brake Adjustment - 2003 Jeep liberty

Icon91 Parking Brake Adjustment - 2003 Jeep liberty

How do you adjust the parking brake on a 2003 Jeep Liberty with four wheel disc brakes. The disc pads are ok but you have to pull the parking brake handle too far up to engage. Thanks

Icon91

Pull the handle up to where you want it to be at, and reverse to tighten the parking brake.
    -nate
    2005 Renegade 3.7L V-6 4x4, Dark Khaki, Off-Road Package, Rock Rails, Full Skids, Command-Trac, Trac-Loc LSD, Light Bar, K&N Drop in Filter, RRO's Diff Guard for 8.25", Frankenlift, & 245/75/16 Goodyear MT/R's
    My Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2072883

Default Liberty Parking Brake Is Not Adjustable

Quote Originally Posted by khouse1961
    How do you adjust the parking brake on a 2003 Jeep Liberty with four wheel disc brakes. The disc pads are ok but you have to pull the parking brake handle too far up to engage. Thanks
    The parking brake on the Liberty is self adjusting.
    This is an excerpt from the service manual.

Default Thanks

:pablo: Thank You

Icon91

Yeah, it self adjusts itself when you back up and it is engaged.
    -nate
    2005 Renegade 3.7L V-6 4x4, Dark Khaki, Off-Road Package, Rock Rails, Full Skids, Command-Trac, Trac-Loc LSD, Light Bar, K&N Drop in Filter, RRO's Diff Guard for 8.25", Frankenlift, & 245/75/16 Goodyear MT/R's
    My Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2072883

several fo them, including mine, broke at the lever inside. Sometimes when I pulled the brake it would catch fine; other times it pulled all the way up and nothing happened.

Dealer eventually replaced broken lever under warranty (about $300 as I recall).

And while it's self adjusting, there is an ajustment inside the rear hubs. The parking brake uses a drum brake inside the hub. It doesn't engage the disc brake. It's a dedicated brake.
    2003 Jeep Liberty Renegade. Khaki ARB. Lifted. Armored. Ready for combat. (SOLD! JK Rubi Unlim on order)

O|||||||O

L.O.S.T. #000187

Adam's UPDATED Jeep Page